Coach Pennington: How much can he help this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Pennington: How much can he help this year?

mnphinfan

Lifelong Fin Fan
Club Member
Reaction score
We have all heard the news that CP is out for the rest of the year due to dislocated shoulder. What many of you don't realize is he may now be more important to the Fins as a coach than he ever was as a player.

No matter now much we criticize CP's lack of arm strength on this forum there is no one here who questions his football mind and IQ, and with those tools it may be very well how CP's legacy as a Dolphins is defined.

CP will now have more time than ever to help our 2 young QB's (notice I said both) break down and learn the game. He will be there every day in practice helping Henne how to learn to not stare down his receivers and helping White to become accustomed to the speed of the NFL as well as a pro style offense. He will also be there in the film room showing these two how to read defenses before and after the snap to find there weaknesses.

These are all great, but I feel Chad's biggest impact will come on game day. He will be able to study the defenses from the sideline and let each QB know what he is seeing and how they can attack its weakness. I also feel he will be able to help Henning as to what plays they can run to give them a better chance to succeed.

I for one hope the Fins resign Pennington in 2010. Not as a QB who will be competing for the starting spot, but as the QB's coach who will lead our current and future QB's on the roster to greatness.

It can't be a bad thing thats for sure.. so long as it doesn't stifle the development of his own style.

Now if we can get some legit WR coaches.

We have all heard the news that CP is out for the rest of the year due to dislocated shoulder. What many of you don't realize is he may now be more important to the Fins as a coach than he ever was as a player.

No matter now much we criticize CP's lack of arm strength on this forum there is no one here who questions his football mind and IQ, and with those tools it may be very well how CP's legacy as a Dolphins is defined.

CP will now have more time than ever to help our 2 young QB's (notice I said both) break down and learn the game. He will be there every day in practice helping Henne how to learn to not stare down his receivers and helping White to become accustomed to the speed of the NFL as well as a pro style offense. He will also be there in the film room showing these two how to read defenses before and after the snap to find there weaknesses.

These are all great, but I feel Chad's biggest impact will come on game day. He will be able to study the defenses from the sideline and let each QB know what he is seeing and how they can attack its weakness. I also feel he will be able to help Henning as to what plays they can run to give them a better chance to succeed.

I for one hope the Fins resign Pennington in 2010. Not as a QB who will be competing for the starting spot, but as the QB's coach who will lead our current and future QB's on the roster to greatness.

This is all good, but we have an OC who doesnt attack defenses but takes what the defense gives

This is all good, but we have an OC who doesnt attack defenses but takes what the defense gives

Yes our OC does take what opposing defenses, which is what the offense is supposeed to do as well as try and impose its game plan. Suppose Henning didnt game plan long throws because he new Pennington wouldn't take them. Now with a QB who can make the throws he will be able to put them in.

Pennington will also give him another set of eyes from the sideline as an outside observer. He can watch the entire play develop (not just quick reads and decisions) and have suggestions and to what type of plays they can run to take advantage of holes in the defense.

This is the only announcement I've seen. If he can't play for us, I feel he'll be looking somewhere else to play.

Dolphins | Pennington likely done for the year

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:20:27 -0700 ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Miami Dolphins QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn capsule in his throwing shoulder. Pennington plans to seek a second opinion on the injury.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0

I totally agree with the OP. CP will be continue to have value to this team as the consumate professional teaching Henne and White. If his career is over then I think he would make a great QB coach. In fact, I think that Henning is going to re-retire after this season and Lee will be promoted to the OC position leaving us needing a QB coach anyway.

Totally agree that Chad will be very helpful with Henne and White for the rest of the year. I think that Chad definitely has a coaching career ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom