Coaching Candidate Tracker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Candidate Tracker

Man all these names… of coaches… being interviewed….. is DEPRESSING!!!!

Damn!
If Pederson can win a SB with Foles and Wentz im sure he would help Tua.

Bieniemy comes from the Holmgren liniage which makes me think he would do great here.

Dabol I would accept but be very nervous about.

Most of the list does suck tho I agree

The Fins better hide all female parking attendants. Otherwise, he might just choke a biotch. Seriously, a hard pass on this guy!

if you look around the league, the list of interviews is pretty much the same. Daboll, Moore, Leftwich and Quinn are interviewing with just about everyone that needs a coach

There are no criteria on where to find good coaches. We're all being so hyper-critical including me but you never know who's going to be a good HC and who isn't.

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach for the Eagles and then a DB coach before getting hired by the Ravens.
People here woulda said oh why did we hire someone who was never an OC or DC.

Andy Reid was the assistant HC and QB coach of the Packers.
People here would say oh it's easy when you have Brett Favre and Mike Holmgren was running the offense.

Sean Peyton was Asst HC and QB Coach of the Cowboys.
People here would say oh the Cowboy's QB's sucked who did he coach up?

Leftwich = ****ing terrible
Moore = is he bringing Daddy Jones and that Oline… NO
Hackett = who? Gase Jr
Joe Brady = wtf really? Stupid

There are just too many trash coaches to list. This is turning out to be a disaster. I was 100% on board with foring Flo because I thought we might get this **** right and pay Harbaugh. Maybe even go for Caldwell or Pederson. But this mother****** Ross is reaching and going to get another Gase.
Why not add Gase to the list then - LOL

There are no criteria on where to find good coaches. We're all being so hyper-critical including me but you never know who's going to be a good HC and who isn't.

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach for the Eagles and then a DB coach before getting hired by the Ravens.

People here would say oh it's easy when you have Brett Favre and Mike Holmgren was running the offense.

Well, never a dull moment on Finheaven.

Anyway, thanks for a dose of reality - I needed that - LOL

Yea who woulda thought this guy coulda coached the Eagles to the playoffs.

Mike McDaniel - 49ers OC

IDC that McDaniel has the official title of OC. Kyle Shanahan is still the architect behind that team's offense and pretty much everyone knows it.
Same goes for Andy Reid in KC, which is why I believe Eric Bieniemy continues to be bypassed.

I wouldn't be interested in McDaniel for that reason.

FWIW, my early preference for the position is Dan Quinn.

When I think about the defenses he ran in Seattle then how close he came to a title in Atlanta, I really see him as an enticing option.

While he'd hire an official DC to run the defense like Flores, I believe Quinn would still have a big influence in how the defense was run week to week -- just like Flores did -- and he's highly qualified in that area to make me feel confident that the defensive performance wouldn't too slip much if at all.

Could he find an offensive coordinator as adept as Kyle Shanahan or remotely close? I like his chances better than Flores, that's for sure.

Lastly, while he was the head coach of the Falcons and the buck certainly stopped with him -- I place blame for the SB choke job mostly on Shanahan. Quinn obviously had to put trust in his coaches and Shanahan's play calling with a 28-3 lead and even after the big Julio Jones catch were what largely made the Cheatriots comeback possible.

So I'm not super worried about Quinn from that aspect. If the same situation occurred again, I truly believe Quinn would take a more active role in checking his play caller. He strikes me as a guy that learns from his mistakes.

IDC that McDaniel has the official title of OC. Kyle Shanahan is still the architect behind that team's offense and pretty much everyone knows it.
Same goes for Andy Reid in KC, which is why I believe Eric Bieniemy continues to be bypassed.

I wouldn't be interested in McDaniel for that reason.
There is a lot more to him then that.

Research him with the info posted on the forum and the internet. Very football smart guy.

He's a lot more than Kyle's sidekick. I would take him over Bieniemy.

Of who we have requested to interview so far:

Moore: I could get behind

Daboll: Not sure. If he brings Dorsey to OC I'll be more excited.

Leftwich: Not someone I thought of, not flashy, but Arians word means a lot to me. If Byron was not great at his job Arians would have sent him packing already. I would be very cautiously optimistic if this were the hire.

Back
Top Bottom