Colombia sub-16 win the Friendly sub-16 tournament by defeating Peru. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colombia sub-16 win the Friendly sub-16 tournament by defeating Peru.

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Colombia sub-16 win the Friendly sub-16 tournament by defeating Peru(U.S finish 2nd).

Last night

Peru 0 Colombia 5

Keep in mind the tournament was held in Peru

Colombia Sub-16 team scored 3 goals in 3 games and no goals against.

U.S sub-16 finish 2nd.

Prime Time said:

Hey PT,

You did lose to the third best Sub-16 team in the world from the 2003 Sub-16 world cup.

There only two sub16 better than Colombia from last major cup were:

Brazil and Spain

Next month is South American sub-16 Cup.

I can't wait to see Colombia face Argentina.

Here are the groups.
Grupo A: Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile y Perú
Grupo B: Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay y Estados Unidos
Grupo C: Brasil, Colombia, Venezuela y México

Brazil and Colombia in the same group.Two of the favorites to win it all. :eek:

I wonder if Freddy Adu will participate for the U.S?

based on the last Sur Americano sub 16(2003).

Argentina-Champions
Colombia-2nd
Brazil-3rd

Brazil and Colombia did better than Argentina in the Sub-16 World cup in 2003 but Argentina are the defending Champs for Suramericano.

minus said:
Here are the groups.
Grupo A: Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile y Perú
Grupo B: Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay y Estados Unidos
Grupo C: Brasil, Colombia, Venezuela y México

Brazil and Colombia in the same group.Two of the favorites to win it all. :eek:

I wonder if Freddy Adu will participate for the U.S?

based on the last Sur Americano sub 16(2003).

Argentina-Champions
Colombia-2nd
Brazil-3rd

Brazil and Colombia did better than Argentina in the Sub-16 World cup in 2003 but Argentina are the defending Champs for Suramericano.

Adu is right in the middle of an MLS season so unless it is the world championship (which it isn't) I doubt he will go. Last year a few MLS players went to the U-17 World Cup (Gaven, Adu, Memo Gonzalez) but since this isn't the World Championship for this age group, I would be surprised if Adu went.

iceblizzard69 said:
Adu is right in the middle of an MLS season so unless it is the world championship (which it isn't) I doubt he will go. Last year a few MLS players went to the U-17 World Cup (Gaven, Adu, Memo Gonzalez) but since this isn't the World Championship for this age group, I would be surprised if Adu went.

Is not World Championship but is a very important tournament.I hope to see U.S best squad because I'm sure the U.S doesn't wan to look bad.Freddy Adu is on the bench most of time or am I wrong?They should let him get playing against some of the Americas best young players.

minus said:
Is not World Championship but is a very important tournament.I hope to see U.S best squad because I'm sure the U.S doesn't wan to look bad.Freddy Adu is on the bench most of time or am I wrong?They should let him get playing against some of the Americas best young players.

Adu has been playing more recently. He already has played in the U-17 WC and the U-20 WC, so it isn't like DC United would be doing him a diservice but not letting him go to this tournament if he got called up. The level of play in MLS is at a higher level than at a U-16 tournament anyway.

iceblizzard69 said:
Adu has been playing more recently. He already has played in the U-17 WC and the U-20 WC, so it isn't like DC United would be doing him a diservice but not letting him go to this tournament if he got called up. The level of play in MLS is at a higher level than at a U-16 tournament anyway.

MLS higher level?I disagree especially looking at Brazil,Colombia,Argentina national teams.

We're talking about big three country in sub-20,sub-17,Sub-16 around the world.If you don't believe follow up on World Championships.

All the players in Big three already play in the at least their own Country league which level of play is higher than MLS.I know a couple Sub-16 players from Colombia already playing Europe.

minus said:
MLS higher level?I disagree especially looking at Brazil,Colombia,Argentina national teams.

We're talking about big three country in sub-20,sub-17,Sub-16 around the world.If you don't believe follow up on World Championships.

All the players in Big three already play in the at least their own Country league which level of play is higher than MLS.I know a couple Sub-16 players from Colombia already playing Europe.

These aren't full national teams, these are U-16 teams. Adu definitely faces better competition in MLS than he would against some U-16 teams.

Also, if there are any U-16 Colombians (or any South Americans) playing in Europe, they aren't playing for their club's senior side but for reserves and U-19 teams. I'd rather see Adu play with professionals who have some national team experience than playing with some kids his age who have never even played in a professional game.

iceblizzard69 said:
These aren't full national teams, these are U-16 teams. Adu definitely faces better competition in MLS than he would against some U-16 teams.

Also, if there are any U-16 Colombians (or any South Americans) playing in Europe, they aren't playing for their club's senior side but for reserves and U-19 teams. I'd rather see Adu play with professionals who have some national team experience than playing with some kids his age who have never even played in a professional game.

You're making it seem like Adu is superior to the talent level who will be participating in the tournament which is completely false.

The U.S will be eliminated first round if their best squad is not there.

minus said:
You're making it seem like Adu is superior to the talent level who will be participating in the tournament which is completely false.

The U.S will be eliminated first round if their best squad is not there.

The US has a developmental program in Florida so they will probably just use some of their best players from there. I doubt we care much about the tournament anyway. I would think that we would just send the same team that we sent to the friendly tournament in Peru.

Back
Top Bottom