Colts tanked in 2011 - revisited | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colts tanked in 2011 - revisited

rvz1020

Active Roster
Reaction score
after watching the game Sunday there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that the colts tanked last year. Yes a great qb will make a world of difference but after winning what was it? 2 wins last year? And now they have 5 wins midway thru this yr just proves it. I didn't see a colts defense that was getting shredded in every game last year. It is just too night and day from last year to this year. I can't believe the NFL allowed this to go on. The NFL should have implemented the NBA draft lottery and have a lottery. What is everyone's bought on these cheating colts and the idea of using the NBA draft lottery?

Yes to all of the above but its shocking how many fans right here on FH seem to be ok with getting cheated out of the next Marino,Elway,Young and dare I say it...Manning. The say "move on" or "They were just that bad" instead of contemplating they are the very one who had the bread ripped from their mouth and gave to the undeserving.

Yes the NFL needs a lottery system and YES FH should have had an organized movement to complain to the NFL about what took place last season but neither will happen because in the NFL the rich get richer and the poor...well you know how that old chestnut goes...

BTW...Have you seen Curtis Painter lately? Funny...Me either Matter of fact if you really look at it and THINK...everything from the Coach (Jim Caldwell) down to the ball boy were set up to fail last season to get Andy.

So true. The system is broken, incentivse favor the cheaters.

I dont believe the players were in on tanking last season. I seriously doubt that.

I will say the fact that Curtis Painter wasn't pulled as the stater last year until they sured up the #1 overall pick is very suspicious.

Miami wouldn't have got luck anyways if the colts haven't tanked.

very true...not with how far we would have had to go to get there...and yeah the colts tanked...i watch dwight freeney last year...very obvious he mailed it in...

It matters not who "would" have got Andy...The point is the Colts should NOT have him on the roster.

They are "Cheaters"

Cheater:To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases. 2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land. 3.To get Andy by laying down like a sick dog for 1 season until you obtain the overall #1.

I think they gave up at some point after the 5th or 6th game. They were in a few of the early games like 23-20 loss to Pitt and 28-24 loss to KC but the 62-7 loss to the Saints was the obvious game where they quit. Add to that their coach was Jim Caldwell who was one of the absolute worst coaches anywhere, it made for a perfect storm. I know Caldwell from his days as the head coach of Wake Forest when he was 26-53 in 8 seasons...watching him on TV in a preseason interview when asked about recruiting he replied "we're not going to get good recruits, this is Wake Forest"...that just told me all I needed to know. Him being hired was a similar situation to when Jimmy Johnson brought Wannstedt in here to be his replacement. Tony Dungy brought Caldwell in to be his replacement and he set the team up for failure in the process. Peyton Manning was the real coach of that team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but who ****ing cares? I remember last year there were people on these boards promoting that we "suck for luck"....of course a star draft pick like Luck is going to make the entire team (Offense and Defense) play better.

Why is this even in Miami Dolphins Discussion?

May some of the players mailed it in mid way thru the season because their season was lost and they had nothing to play for? I'm sure some did. Especially those that weren't concerned with losing their job for this season. Did the Colts as a whole decide they were better off "sucking for Luck" and players decided to purposely miss tackles, drop balls, fan on blocks etc? No!

The Colts lost their best player and leader and were demoralized. They had no one to play his position at the NFL level let alone come close to replacing him and had a first place schedule. The Colts having a last place schedule and Luck is the reason they have 5 wins, not because they are loaded with talent and decided to "tank" for Andrew Luck!

So let me get this straight, OP...

A QB makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and the Colts lost one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game of football and proceed to go 2-14 as a result.

Then, they draft the first legitimate franchise QB since John Elway in 1983, he immediately makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE and you say the Colts tanked.

You can't have it both ways here. Which is it?

Back
Top Bottom