Comparative cost Jennings vs Bowe vs Wallace? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparative cost Jennings vs Bowe vs Wallace?

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I expect us to recruit a high level WR free agent like Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace. I'm interested in learning which of the 3 is expected to command the biggest $ and how much per annum it is expected to cost. I guess Brandon Marshall's latest contract would provide a guide to the indicative cost.
On a side note, it is interesting to see rumors that Hartline is looking for $5 - 6 million per annum. Seems a lot of money for a good average player. He could be getting his exit visa if the difference from Jennings/Bowe/Wallace is not too great.

Jennings is prime target.

Not to sure Mike Wallace fits in with this offense, and Bowe is a good WR but not really all that good.

My prediction is that the cheifs trade for or acquire Alex smith, then draft a left tackle and resign bowe. with the change to Reid I think the cheifs have that angle if, big if they get that fa QB.

So that would leave GJ and MW. I believe Wallace demands more money as he is younger not prone to injury and has produced more lately. Jennings fits the west coast offense better but the injuries really concern me... IMO Jennings gets between 7 and 9 per and Wallace 10.5 to 12 per season.

either way I would double up thru the draft depending on who falls but de and cb could be in play at 12 also. If we sign Jennings I think Patterson at 12 is the must pick, this guy will be a sick wr and I don't see all the hype with Allen. And he is the big over the top guy and Allen is more Brandon Marshall possession guy, which would be Jennings role here.

If we get Wallace, I draft best de/cb early and go with a bailey or Patton or swope later...

Thoughts?

My prediction is that the cheifs trade for or acquire Alex smith, then draft a left tackle and resign bowe. with the change to Reid I think the cheifs have that angle if, big if they get that fa QB.

So that would leave GJ and MW. I believe Wallace demands more money as he is younger not prone to injury and has produced more lately. Jennings fits the west coast offense better but the injuries really concern me... IMO Jennings gets between 7 and 9 per and Wallace 10.5 to 12 per season.

either way I would double up thru the draft depending on who falls but de and cb could be in play at 12 also. If we sign Jennings I think Patterson at 12 is the must pick, this guy will be a sick wr and I don't see all the hype with Allen. And he is the big over the top guy and Allen is more Brandon Marshall possession guy, which would be Jennings role here.

If we get Wallace, I draft best de/cb early and go with a bailey or Patton or swope later...

Thoughts?
bowe says he doesn't want to be back with the chiefs :o

As a comp.. Vincent jackson got something like 5 years 55 million last season from the bucks w 26 or so guaranteed

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

bowe says he doesn't want to be back with the chiefs :o

money talks...

Thoughts?

Yeah Bowe was stung when the Chiefs didn't sign long term. I think he's overrated anyway. Much rather have Jennings.

Either way I want nothing to do with bowe... He strikes me as a I got paid now I'm content guy just my opinion thou. I'm no pro just stating my view of things

Bowe is traditionally lazy, not comfortable giving him big dollars that will make him even more complacent.

Absolutely true. I don't know, there's just something I'm not convinced of. It's hard to explain further than there's just something that doesn't feel right.
im not going to get mad if we do get bowe.. i consider wallace or jennings over him, the only thing that does concern me about him if his head is going to be in the right place and be motivated.. we shall see

So I guess Randy Moss is lazy too. Just because a receiver becomes frustrated with the ****hole offense and QB that's given to him, doesn't mean he is lazy. Bowe just wants a competent quarterback for a change.

Ill take any and all three receivers. They are all better than hartline and bess combined.

Wallace takes the top off the defense. Then draft one in the first and another in the middle rounds. And a TE in the second. That should make us alot better offensively.

Any of the 3, and draft one WR with at least with a #2 pick will be fine with me.

Wallace will cost the most followed by Bowe then Jennings. I look at it this way Wallace has lights out speed and is the flashy option but I can't see us dishing out $10 million +. So I turn my attention to Bowe and Jennings. With Bowe he is going to want a big lengthy contract like a 4-5 year $8-$10 million a year. With Jennings his age makes it harder for him to get a big lengthy contract. He may get a 3 year $7 million a year deal.

The philosophy is to build through the draft so I would go with Jennings because you don't have to commit a lot of money and years. So you get a talented veteran with 2-3 good years and eventually the drafted WR or two, will take his place.

Back
Top Bottom