Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!!

Also with only 1 primetime game this season, what fan of this team wouldn't want to see more of them?

And it could help with building confidence and shaping a new identity (which we sorely need).

I just hope it won't be a big distraction. Likely it won't be since our coach does not mind. I'll tune in and DVR it of course.

Does Hard Knocks only follow the offseason, or is it the whole enchilada?

Dream come true, man! This will be the best Hard Knocks show, out of all them. I can't wait.

[video]http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Philbin-Announces-Dolphins-To-Be-On-Hard-Knocks-/1bc548e6-4ab5-42b6-b07c-47860b00459a[/video]

It was coach and not ross that said yes to Hard Knocks..............

To everyone crying about "how big of a distraction it will be" or "We have too many question marks" or "We need to establish an identity":
I don't recall the Bengals being a GREAT team, and they made the playoffs during their Hard Knocks year. They must have been distracted heavily by the show

[video]http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Philbin-Announces-Dolphins-To-Be-On-Hard-Knocks-/1bc548e6-4ab5-42b6-b07c-47860b00459a[/video]

It was coach and not ross that said yes to Hard Knocks..............

That may be the company line but I'm not buying it. Either way thre's nothing wrong w/ it, it's not going to hurt Miami.

So it is official that the Dolphins will be on Hard Knocks this year. I have very mixed emotions on this news. As I said in an earlier thread, I will definitely watch and it will be a fun show. However, I am not sure it is a great move for a new coaching staff. I hope this doesn't become a huge distraction for the players.

Though this seems to be a move Philbin wanted to do, not Ross or Ireland, so that helps ease my concerns.

My thoughts exactly. Im worried about distractions.

On the other hand, it seems like hard knocks has benefited the past teams more than hurt them. The Ravens, Bengals and Jets all went on to have winning seasons when hard knocks came knocking. The two teams who didnt do good were the Chiefs and Cowboys (Cowboys appeared twice). So 4 teams were over .500 and 2 teams had losing seasons.

To everyone crying about "how big of a distraction it will be" or "We have too many question marks" or "We need to establish an identity":
I don't recall the Bengals being a GREAT team, and they made the playoffs during their Hard Knocks year. They must have been distracted heavily by the show

That is how you are justifying this?
By comparing it to a completely different situation. Wow. The Bengals had success after HK's so that means we will. Nice try.:rolleyes2:

I like it for one reason: change. I give the coaching staff props for doing things differently than the previous coaching staff. Because it didn't work back then, so let's try something else. Good move. Hopefully I'll get to buy the series online soon.

That is how you are justifying this?
By comparing it to a completely different situation. Wow. The Bengals had success after HK's so that means we will. Nice try.:rolleyes2:

That's not what I said at all. I'm pointing out, the Bengals and the Jets BOTH went into the playoffs following their seasons of Hard Knocks, so I dont know how much of a distraction the show is. :rolleyes2:

That's not what I said at all. I'm pointing out, the Bengals and the Jets BOTH went into the playoffs following their seasons of Hard Knocks, so I dont know how much of a distraction the show is. :rolleyes2:

Neither of those teams had a rookie HC.

Neither of those teams had a rookie HC.

True. But Rex Ryan was only in his second year. It's not like the NFL is new to Philbin. I guess my thinking is, a camera crew shouldn't hinder a coach from coaching a training camp. If you can't handle that, then there's no way you can handle a season.

Back
Top Bottom