Consider Davis Mills: Maybe Watson's 4 Wins Last Season Was Even Less Impressive? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Consider Davis Mills: Maybe Watson's 4 Wins Last Season Was Even Less Impressive?

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Davis Mills seems to be finding his way on a team that was cobbled together with a rookie HC. Can anyone make a claim that this Houston team with Rex Burkhardt of all runners, is appreciably better than last years with Watson's?

Let's not forget that Mills sat out injured or covid'ed his last year at Stanford. And that he did not take TC starting reps but was thrown in cold when Tyrod went down.

Yeah, his early contributions were very unimpressive including a shutout, but look at his last 2 games vs Jacksonville (who beat us) and now the Herbert-led Chargers:

1640630894884.png

He has won 2 of his last 3 games, is 2-7 as a starter where Brandon Cooks seems to be the best WR, now that it seems he's grown his sea legs. Tough sledding finishing out against SF and Tenn but who knows.

The point being: all those excuses for Watson winning only 4 games on what was a comparable team with his experience and all his reps? Maybe putting up great numbers in doing so isn't all that impressive after all :shrug:

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see the arc he goes on as a pro. I had Mills graded slightly above Trey Lance and Mac Jones and specifically told everyone that it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as the best pro QB out of the class in the long run - or at least one of the top 2.

He's used to dealing with little around him and just having to play his way around it.

It'll be interesting to see the arc he goes on as a pro. I had Mills graded slightly above Trey Lance and Mac Jones and specifically told everyone that it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as the best pro QB out of the class in the long run - or at least one of the top 2.

He's used to dealing with little around him and just having to play his way around it.

I was not impressed w/ the 2021 class. I thought Lance had the most upside.

That said, I don't disagree w/ your take. Besides (as D. Letterman would say), Them Stanford boys is smart

I was thinking about this QB too. I know he was really a dark horse pick as a QB that a lot of people were high on. Seemed like a good move when the Texans drafted him. He was pretty garbage in his first starting stint. Since returning he's played a lot better but I've seen so little to know how well he's actually playing. Either way it seems he's doing alright, and it kind of goes to show that it's not some kind of criminal injustice for a young QB to get sat back down and learn while you get to watch someone else play with more insight than you might have had having never played at all.

It's interesting to note how he compares with Watson. My opinion on Watson isn't changed. He's a good QB, but he's not as great as his highlights and stats might indicate. He messes up way too many of his team's drives trying to make highlight plays and taking sacks or just not generating positive yardage.

Davis Mills seems to be finding his way on a team that was cobbled together with a rookie HC. Can anyone make a claim that this Houston team with Rex Burkhardt of all runners, is appreciably better than last years with Watson's?

Let's not forget that Mills sat out injured or covid'ed his last year at Stanford. And that he did not take TC starting reps but was thrown in cold when Tyrod went down.

Yeah, his early contributions were very unimpressive including a shutout, but look at his last 2 games vs Jacksonville (who beat us) and now the Herbert-led Chargers:

View attachment 90506

He has won 2 of his last 3 games, is 2-7 as a starter where Brandon Cooks seems to be the best WR, now that it seems he's grown his sea legs. Tough sledding finishing out against SF and Tenn but who knows.

The point being: all those excuses for Watson winning only 4 games on what was a comparable team with his experience and all his reps? Maybe putting up great numbers in doing so isn't all that impressive after all :shrug:
Watson is still the boogeyman around these parts...

Good...

I don't know about boogeyman...but still a sexual pervert that scares women more than the boogeyman.

If not...stop projecting your biases and prejudices on a situation that hasn't gone to trial.

Back
Top Bottom