'Contract year' for Chris Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Contract year' for Chris Chambers

It shouldn't be a contract year for him, because he should be extended before the season starts and he winds up with a huge season.

The positive
Chambers has been slightly more hesitant about exposing himself to big hits since receiving a jarring one in the Denver game two seasons ago. But with the addition of David Boston, Chambers is willing to run some plays over the middle in order to free himself up for big plays later.

"A sacrifice," he said. "A little dirty work."

The negative...
Chambers considered Smith's contract, which paid $28 million over five years.

"Did he really get that?" Chambers asked. "And that was his first big contract, huh? It's a good time to be a receiver, baby. I think I'm the best receiver anywhere. Those guys went out and played well and deserved what they got. But I think I bring more to the table than any of them."

:cooldude: chambers is dominate he had the potential to be the best in the nfl if the fins dont give him a better contract they are stupid he is only making 468,000 its a wonder he hasnt boycotted minicamp

clear.gif

You are just over the border by making a comment like he has the potential to be the very best in the nfl. In this league it matters what you do now not what potential you have as Payton manning said, its how hard you work in order to get there. Payton Manning has a gifted arm but he is really a hard worker and focuses into becoming a better player.

You are just over the border by making a comment like he has the potential to be the very best in the nfl. In this league it matters what you do now not what potential you have as Payton manning said, its how hard you work in order to get there. Payton Manning has a gifted arm but he is really a hard worker and focuses into becoming a better player.

What's wrong with what he said? Chambers possesses all the tools, the drive, and work ethic to become the best so how can you say he's over the border? He's proven alot to me the past few years and is looking absolutely amazing this year so it might not be a reach to say he could be the best in a couple years. There is nothing to suggest he can't.

sometimes, i wonder what kind of #'s chambers would be putting up if his hometown packers had not passed on him in the draft...with a guy lkie favre behind center.

chambers is an effective o-line and accurate qb away from being the coverboy for football videogames...he's that good

How can you not like Chris Chambers. He never makes a peep. He just works and produces. He knows his big payday will come. The way he looks at it, the longer he waits, the more money he will make, because he knows he'll continue to improve and so will his supporting cast.

I can't wait for Chambers to play this year.

Fiedler for MVP said:
sometimes, i wonder what kind of #'s chambers would be putting up if his hometown packers had not passed on him in the draft...with a guy lkie favre behind center.

chambers is an effective o-line and accurate qb away from being the coverboy for football videogames...he's that good

Agreed. If he was on a team with a good o-line and a elite QB, he would be compared with Moss and Owens for best WR in the NFL.

By not giving him an extension this year, it just means it will be THAT MUCH HARDER to sign him next year. :mad: What are the odds Chambers has a career year, even Pro Bowl year with Boston on the other side of the field?

If AJ starts and does well, it should happen. So why wait? Is the FO not convinced Chambers is worth a big contract? What does the kid really have left to prove? With a better QB to throw to him, the sky is the limit.

How do we match a HUGE contract that some team with lots of cap space and a need for a proven WR will offer? Overpay? Cut some other valuable players? Why is this so hard for the FO to see?

Fiedler for MVP said:

Unfortunately he disappears when he gets double covered! Hopefully he will bust out this year especially with the acqusition of "Big Boston"....

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
By not giving him an extension this year, it just means it will be THAT MUCH HARDER to sign him next year. :mad: What are the odds Chambers has a career year, even Pro Bowl year with Boston on the other side of the field?

If AJ starts and does well, it should happen. So why wait? Is the FO not convinced Chambers is worth a big contract? What does the kid really have left to prove? With a better QB to throw to him, the sky is the limit.

How do we match a HUGE contract that some team with lots of cap space and a need for a proven WR will offer? Overpay? Cut some other valuable players? Why is this so hard for the FO to see?

To quote the Palm Beach Post article :
Chris Chambers is going to get his payday.

He knows it. The Dolphins know it. His agent knows it. It's just not here yet. ...

"It takes two to dance," General Manager Rick Spielman said.

Spielman considers Chambers a "core" player and wants to lock him up as soon as possible. But as of now, Chambers and his agent, Ben Dogra, are content to wait.

What Chambers and his agent are saying is they want the most money they can get. The best way to do this is have a Pro bowl year and negotiate a new contract during Free Agency madness. That's March 1st as a unrestricted free agent. That's their right and it gives them the most contract leverage.

Chambers always produces and with Boston and Mcmike at helm it will be easier for Chambers to gain separation and get his big catches as well as Boston. The only pieces missing our oline and Qb if they come together our talent is limitless.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:

If AJ starts and does well, it should happen. So why wait?

Right about now it would take over a 10 million dollar signing bonus with a total contract worth in excess of 26-28 million dollars.

What's the hurry?

Is the fear that we may have to pay him 30 million over 5 years? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom