'Contract year' for Chris Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Contract year' for Chris Chambers

ChambersOwnz84 said:
It shouldn't be a contract year for him, because he should be extended before the season starts and he winds up with a huge season.

I think it would have been done already if it wasn't for the Ogun thing still going on. iMO, he'll be extended as soon as there is closure to the Ogun deal. i would imagine the FO is waiting to see what kind of $$$ they'll have to play with after ogun perhaps.

Muck said:
How can you not like Chris Chambers. He never makes a peep. He just works and produces. He knows his big payday will come. The way he looks at it, the longer he waits, the more money he will make, because he knows he'll continue to improve and so will his supporting cast.

I can't wait for Chambers to play this year.

True and besides, 468K ain't exactly chump change. It's alot more than he'd make on the street with his college degree!! ;) He shows that he's just being patient in the matter and not being greedy, well, yet anyway! :lol:

I have been saying this for a long time. We have to make Chambers a bigger part of the O and then he will have a break out game. Stop running Ricky when it's third and 13 and trust Chambers. He will produce and the D will have to respect him.
He is awesome.

Prime Time said:
Agreed. If he was on a team with a good o-line and a elite QB, he would be compared with Moss and Owens for best WR in the NFL.

Prime Time said:
Manning ripped that off of Parcells. ]

Okay, who's the wise guy who keeps changing my font from orange to pink?!

Is it you Muck?!
Is it you TT?!
Is it you inFins?!
Who is the man behind the crime?! Wait until I found out who you are!
:chair: :shark:

gunn34 said:
I have been saying this for a long time. We have to make Chambers a bigger part of the O and then he will have a break out game. Stop running Ricky when it's third and 13 and trust Chambers. He will produce and the D will have to respect him.
He is awesome.
Chambers should be a huge part in the offense with AJ gunning 40 yard strikes at him.

Getting the WRs in the position to make plays should be the biggest focus in the offensive philosophy. RW is the nail in the coffin so to speak.

Give CC the money he will deserve after this season.

Prime Time said:
Okay, who's the wise guy who keeps changing my font from orange to pink?!

Is it you Muck?!
Is it you TT?!
Is it you inFins?!
Who is the man behind the crime?! Wait until I found out who you are!
:chair: :shark:
Personally, I think it was that P4E guy.:tongue:

:foundout:

I thought you LIKED having a special font color, PT, and that pink shade really seemed to work for you.:D

Prime Time said:
The positive

The negative...
I remember that hit. Only thing was, I can't remember who the idiot was that set him up for that hit, Fiedler or Lucas?

If he has a pro bowl year and is in line for the big bucks, we'd franchise him before we let him go.

P4E said:
Personally, I think it was that P4E guy.:tongue:

:foundout:

I thought you LIKED having a special font color, PT, and that pink shade really seemed to work for you.:D

:yell: I am telling Peebs!! She is not going to like you no more for picking on young people such as myself!! :lol:

finphan said:
I remember that hit. Only thing was, I can't remember who the idiot was that set him up for that hit, Fiedler or Lucas?

It was Fiedler in the Bronco game which we won with a late FG Kick. Anyway, it was not really even Jay's fault because the hit was ILLEGAL and the player got fined and maybe suspended I am not too sure.

ZOD said:
Right about now it would take over a 10 million dollar signing bonus with a total contract worth in excess of 26-28 million dollars.

What's the hurry?

Is the fear that we may have to pay him 30 million over 5 years? :rolleyes:

I agree with Zod, I think the front office knows what they're looking at. They may have to pay a little bit more later, but with the thought that this is his "contract year" do you know the kind of pressure he's going to put on himself to produce waaaaaay beyond what he has in the past. If he doesn't produce, then we have a little more leverage in signing him later, if he does produce the best numbers of his short career then we get a hell of a year from him and sign him anyways, even if it takes a couple million more, don't think for one second that he's gonna come alot cheaper now, chambers and his agent know what he's worth and are gonna expect that kinda money wether its now or later.

CC is one of my favorite players so I hope if he isn't resigned soon that he goes into O-Gun mode and holds out. He's always been consistant and has been our only WR threat in the last couple of years. D Boston on the other side of the field will allow CC to show his true potential. It will be fun to watch

Back
Top Bottom