Could character be an issue with new coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could character be an issue with new coach?

No1Phinatic

Starter
Reaction score
I was just wondering with the release of McMichael if character flaws in players may be something that coach Cameron is trying to weed out as the rebuilding begins. Didn't Dan Wilkinson have some domestic troubles at start of last year too? Did Jeno James also have some legal problems one time?

I know it's obviously not the case with Welker, Carter, and Joey H. The pats were going to get Welker anyway you look at it. They had that "poison pill" thing all ready to shove down the Phins throats. I'm just glad they were able to get 2 picks instead of 1. (I know late 7th whoopee! but it's a pick.) Joey, Carter, and the guards releases were all about saving $.

Anyway, now is the time to preach patience. This is obviously the start of a rebuild and the hard truth is anyone on last years roster not named Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor is expendable. If character is a concern though (and I am definately not saying that is a bad thing) it makes me ponder the return of everyone's favorite pothead, and the future in Miami of a certain "love-boat captain." Whacha think?

I was just wondering with the release of McMichael if character flaws in players may be something that coach Cameron is trying to weed out as the rebuilding begins. Didn't Dan Wilkinson have some domestic troubles at start of last year too? Did Jeno James also have some legal problems one time?

I know it's obviously not the case with Welker, Carter, and Joey H. The pats were going to get Welker anyway you look at it. They had that "poison pill" thing all ready to shove down the Phins throats. I'm just glad they were able to get 2 picks instead of 1. (I know late 7th whoopee! but it's a pick.) Joey, Carter, and the guards releases were all about saving $.

Anyway, now is the time to preach patience. This is obviously the start of a rebuild and the hard truth is anyone on last years roster not named Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor is expendable. If character is a concern though (and I am definately not saying that is a bad thing) it makes me ponder the return of everyone's favorite pothead, and the future in Miami of a certain "love-boat captain." Whacha think?

I think sucking is more of an issue, and that's the primary reason we've made the majority of our cuts.

I agree pretty much with what you say. Its a shame if they dont let Ricky come back though. He could really really help out this team, but if they dont let him back on for character issues I respect that and I am some what happy about that. I love the fact a coach doesn't want those types of players on his team.

We also could just be reading way to much into it and they were just cut for pure money reasons, nothing more. We'll have to see how he handles other situations, hopefully we dont have anymore, but I'm sure we will.

Back
Top Bottom