Could Michigan Be Eyeballing Miami Dolphins Tony Sparano as Their Next Head Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Michigan Be Eyeballing Miami Dolphins Tony Sparano as Their Next Head Coach?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
After today’s Gator Bowl embarrassment University of Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez may not have too many days left with the Wolverines. Mississippi State won by a score of 52-14. Mississippi State ’s Bulldogs dominated Rodriguez’s team on both sides of the ball all 4 quarters.
The chatter of Rich Rodriguez’s demise got louder after today’s loss as did the speculation of Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh taking the reins of The Wolverines next year. The smart money has Coach Jim Harbaugh taking the San Francisco 49ers coaching position.
One NCAA analyst that I spoke to today said if Jim Harbaugh takes the San Francisco 49ers Head Coach position Michigan might not be too quick to pull the trigger on a new coach. Michigan might take a wait and see attitude to see how the NFL’s coaching shake up continues this season.
There are high profile marquee coaches on the unemployment line; Michigan might want some of that pro talent in The Big House. Wade Danials, Brad Childress, Jon Fox, Mike Singletary and Josh McDaniels have all been fired midseason. There are plenty more pinkslips that will be handed out Monday morning. One coach who is expected to be sent packing is Miami Dolphins’ coach Tony Sparano.

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/18953

As a Michigan fan, I would have to cry and slit my wraists for a good 15 minutes/day if this came true.

I'll pay for the bus ticket if Michigan will take Sparano now.

I can tell you this much, and I have a membership to The Fort (the best Michigan insider). No. If we don't get Harbaugh we are getting Brady Hoke.

Sparano to Michigan is not going to happen. Please stop pulling up crap like this and posting it when you have no clue of the inter workings in Ann Arbor. If you were abreast of the situation you would know the pecking order is Harbaugh then Brady Hoke. The search won't go past Hoke who stated "I'd crawl all the way to Michigan for that job."

is this press conference the same time every week after the game??? monday at 1130??? if so i think its just the usual routine...

although i sure hope he's getting the axe...lol

if the wolverines will take him i'd pay for the flight...lol

like michigan wants our bum head coach ha ha

Sparano to Michigan is not going to happen. Please stop pulling up crap like this and posting it when you have no clue of the inter workings in Ann Arbor. If you were abreast of the situation you would know the pecking order is Harbaugh then Brady Hoke. The search won't go past Hoke who stated "I'd crawl all the way to Michigan for that job."

Not saying Michigan wants Tony Sparano at all, hell . . . wtf? lol, but as new coaches start becomming available, maybe a guy they really like moves up that pecking order on the list.

But this article doesn't mention Sparano as a possible candidate, they just name some NFL coaches on the unemployment line and mention how Sparano could join them.

Creative way by Finatic to word the title of the thread to generate some buzz about Sparano, but there is nothing in that article that links him to Michigan.

Tony has show a lot with his Michigan lt and Michigan qb that he is the man for the job

This article in NO WAY implies that Michigan is even remotely interested in Tony Sparano. Sparano won't even receive a phone call about the job much less an interview.

How can you read this and take from it that Michigan might be interested in Sparano if he is indeed fired today?

Back
Top Bottom