Could somebody explain the AP poll to me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could somebody explain the AP poll to me

F

FLOUNDER

How did WVU go from a legit #4 spot on the AP polls this past week after a blowout of mississippi state and a #2 auburn loss to a spot back?

This makes no sense to me

Maybe, but we've never trailed in a game the entire season. We blew out Mississippi state 42-10 i think it was and we move back 2 spots? come on now..

Because you should be punished for that schedule. Teams that jumped you beat good teams and they should get rewarded for that.

I want to know who actually voted for WVU to be ranked Number 1. Those 2 people shouldnt be allowed to vote again.

Blade said:
I want to know who actually voted for WVU to be ranked Number 1. Those 2 people shouldnt be allowed to vote again.

:yeahthat:

Blade said:
... don't hate just because you realize that we would run for 300-350 yards on your precious buckeyes.

WVU fans had to know that strength of schedule would catch up with them at some point. Not really their fault no one wants to play them though.

Bumpus said:
... don't hate just because you realize that we would run for 300-350 yards on your precious buckeyes.

If WVU was in the SEC you would have 3 losses already

I HATE Ohio State and even I can say they would roll all over WVU

WestVirginiaFan said:
How did WVU go from a legit #4 spot on the AP polls this past week after a blowout of mississippi state and a #2 auburn loss to a spot back?

I think it makes a lot of sense.
OSU has won one very big game, and beaten another solid opponent.
UF has beaten two very good teams, and another solid opponent.
Michigan killed ND, and hasn't looked beatable since.
USC although looking beatable, has a long track record, and far more talent from top to bottom, with a proven coach.

#5 for WV is a very logical spot. The only reason they're not #6 is Lousiville losing Bush.

Problem for WV is that they haven't proven anything against anyone decent. They'll have their chance against Louisville, but it still won't be enough if two other teams end up undefeated, especially if one of those teams plays a conference championship to stay undefeated.

WestVirginiaFan said:

Well ... considering the fact that the polls are made by those who often rely on past experience (read: previous bias) ... it doesn't really suprise me that this happened.

In regards to Florida passing us... well, they did beat a very highly ranked foe. So, I can see why they were placed ahead of us (I only hope that the favor will be returned when we stomp a mudhole in Louisville:D )

Michigan passing us ... gimme a friggin break.

I tire of the strength of schedule crap. Where are all of these pundits when it comes to USC? The Pac-10 is unbelievably weak, yet didn't USC leap over 3 teams after the first week (btw, the three teams it passed that week also registered blowout wins)
BIAS ... pure and simple

...but have faith my fellow Mountaineer, 'tis a long season yet. We must continue to win and wait for the pretenders to our title (ignoring the snickers from the back of the room) to fall by the wayside.

Let's Go .....................

Mountaineers

WVU's only shot is to go undefeated and hope everyone ahead of them loses. when there's no playoff you have to be penalized for a soft schedule, fair or not.

finswin56 said:
I think it makes a lot of sense.
OSU has won one very big game, and beaten another solid opponent.
UF has beaten two very good teams, and another solid opponent.
Michigan killed ND, and hasn't looked beatable since.
USC although looking beatable, has a long track record, and far more talent from top to bottom, with a proven coach.

#5 for WV is a very logical spot. The only reason they're not #6 is Lousiville losing Bush.

Problem for WV is that they haven't proven anything against anyone decent. They'll have their chance against Louisville, but it still won't be enough if two other teams end up undefeated, especially if one of those teams plays a conference championship to stay undefeated.
I think they should be above USC. USC, IMO has not done ANYTHING this year. However, I agree they should not be above the top 3.

Oboy said:
I think they should be above USC. USC, IMO has not done ANYTHING this year. However, I agree they should not be above the top 3.

I agree, I really thought that USC should have been the one to slip down. They'll most likely lose at least one soon anyway with Cal and ND coming up.

Back
Top Bottom