Could we found a solid pass rusher in the fourth round ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could we found a solid pass rusher in the fourth round ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

I am from france..............so I don't see much NCAA football on TV and I don't know much about college player.

In your opinion, does in this year draft a solid pass rusher could be found on the fourth round and could give me players names for this possibility ?

thanks

The only one that comes to mind is Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. He played defensive end in college but may be a linebacker in the pros, maybe not. In any case, he broke his foot last year and will drop because of it. He may be available in the fourth and, when healthy, will be quite a bargain.

Not impossible,but it's all an odds game. The odds of finding a guy in the 4th round who can be 'solid' in the NFL are low. That's why they're in the 4th round.

A couple of possibilities include Chase Thomas (like him a lot), Devin Taylor, and Joe Kruger. Taylor has a lot of upside if a team can work with his technique. Thomas is a player I'd take in the 3rd. He didn't test well at the combine, but he is versatile and instinctive.

Maybe a Cornelius Washington could slip?

I like the idea of Getting some pass rush from the LB spot in Chase Thomas, not great combine numbers, but a tough versatile instinctive player...a la another Fin LB Thomas. Our LB depth is worse than horrible, so I'd be on board with that pick.

I wouldn't hedge my bets though waiting until the 4th. Think we need to grab on by the 3rd at the latest...

Quanterus Smith is a very talented pass rusher who more than likely will make it into round 5 or 6, but he's probably not going to help at all in 2013 because of injury.

Quanterus Smith is a very talented pass rusher who more than likely will make it into round 5 or 6, but he's probably not going to help at all in 2013 because of injury.

This is a good one...I am of the mindset that since we have so many picks, we need to draft a couple of wounded stars and put them on PUP or IR rather than draft marginal talent that we are going to cut. Lattimore, Smith, and Jenkins would be some mid- to late round treasures that could have a huge impact next year. I am sure that there are more as well.

It definitely IS possible, fastball83. But the 3rd Round would be much more likely.

DOLPHIN Fans often forget their history, even when it's fairly recent history!!!

BUT, you better do your homework, and look at the not-so-well known names/teams. Like AKRON UNIVERSITY, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Olivier Vernon was a 3rd rounder last year and he made some big plays. I would like to see a lot more of him next year. Everybody seems to have forgotten he exists.

every year there are guys you and the entire world thought would never be around in mid rounds.

my candidate to fall big is damontre moore.

Olivier Vernon was a 3rd rounder last year and he made some big plays. I would like to see a lot more of him next year. Everybody seems to have forgotten he exists.

I agree. He hit the rookie wall last year but should be solid this year.

I believe that Vernon is a good football player, however I don't see any good pass rush in him

Back
Top Bottom