Couple questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couple questions

footsteps_falco

Damn SugarBowl
Club Member
Reaction score
So i was watching the senior bowl practice things the other day and i just gotta know if any of you guys know those two OTs. one was like 6'9 name was like skeletor or something, the others last name started with a C.. he was a mauler. anyway if we were to trade down i wouldnt mind taking one of these guys and kicking carey inside, then let garner and jerry battle out for the last guard spot (assuming incognito is at C).

my other question to you guys is do you think it would be so bad to just draft skill positions (WR/RB/TE) grab some OL and Dback. address these 5 positions in FA and the draft. bring in one guy (vince young) 1 year deal to compete with henne. im not saying this is what i want at QB. but i just feel that we can accomplish A LOT as far as solidifying other positions in this particular offseason. then next year we can address the QB position with hopefully a lot less needs. hell there is the chance that henne or VY could prove us all wrong next season but im not banking on it. i just think that if we *draft* a QB early we are really gonna risk improvement on a lot of other spots. im really torn on this, and im sure you all are also, but am i wrong in thinking that we can get this team to elite levels if we just ignore QB for one more year. or just bring in a VY/alex smith to compete with henne? im starting to get the feeling this is what the coaching staff wants anyway. idk if i like it but i understand. anyone else feeling the same way?

I think you are talking about Nate Solder and Gabe Carimi.

If we have an offense where the RG pulls then no, Carey would not work. If we have an offense where it is straight ahead blocking or zone blocking, then yeah, Carey would be a good RG.

1.) Idk

2.) I don't like VY - actually good talent but cry baby head case. I'll stick with Henne as our vet QB and just add two rookies to compete. I want to solve these holes in free agency: interior OL (Ryan Kalil) and TE (Owen Daniels) and CB depth (Richard Marshall or just Will Allen if he's back healthy) and FB (Vonta Leach) - allows Lusaka Polite to shift to short yardage RB and backup FB (ala Mike Tolbert in SD), and then address all offensive skill positions (QB, RB, WR) and FS in the draft:

MOCK DRAFT

1.) Jake Locker QB - if he slips to 15, we just gotta gamble on him.
3.) Roberts Sands FS - 6'4 and a playmaker.
4.) Daniel Thomas RB - reminds me of Eddie George.
5.) Vincent Brown WR - should beat out Hatline.
6.) Derrick Locke RB/KR - great change of pace back and returner.
7.) David Arkin OG - interior OL depth.
7.) Ryan Barthalomew C - interior OL depth.

1.) Idk

2.) I don't like VY - actually good talent but cry baby head case. I'll stick with Henne as our vet QB and just add two rookies to compete. I want to solve these holes in free agency: interior OL (Ryan Kalil) and TE (Owen Daniels) and CB depth (Richard Marshall) and FB (Vonta Leach) - allows Lusaka Polite to shift to short yardage RB and backup FB (ala Mike Tolbert in SD), and then address all offensive skill positions (QB, RB, WR) and FS in the draft:

MOCK DRAFT

1.) Jake Locker QB - if he slips to 15, we just gotta gamble on him.
3.) Roberts Sands FS - 6'4 and a playmaker.
4.) Daniel Thomas RB - reminds me of Eddie George.
5.) Vincent Brown WR - should beat out Hatline.
6.) Derrick Locke RB/KR - great change of pace back and returner.
7.) David Arkin OG - interior OL depth.
7.) Ryan Barthalomew C - interior OL depth.

I like your mock i also like davin joseph and logan mankins in the FA for OL. at TE i like zach miller as well in FA. CB obviously asumuagh or however u spell it and champ bailey and ike taylor are all cool. i think if will allen is good to go though then vontae, allen, smith, carroll, and ness isnt too bad for CBs if we fail to land someone. Youre mock draft is cool obviously by my avatar im not opposed to Locker. all I really meant by this post was would it be so bad to just address a lot of other positions where there seem to be less risk-type guys and kind of just roll with henne and a VY type and wait till next year for QB. plus if we do suck this year, do you this regime picking ANOTHER qb? i just dunno if i trust them picking that position anymore.

I like your mock i also like davin joseph and logan mankins in the FA for OL. at TE i like zach miller as well in FA. CB obviously asumuagh or however u spell it and champ bailey and ike taylor are all cool. i think if will allen is good to go though then vontae, allen, smith, carroll, and ness isnt too bad for CBs if we fail to land someone. Youre mock draft is cool obviously by my avatar im not opposed to Locker. all I really meant by this post was would it be so bad to just address a lot of other positions where there seem to be less risk-type guys and kind of just roll with henne and a VY type and wait till next year for QB. plus if we do suck this year, do you this regime picking ANOTHER qb? i just dunno if i trust them picking that position anymore.

I like Zach Miller maybe better than Owen Daniels but Daniels will probably be cheaper b/c of the injury history (I'm doing my best to keep my mock FA realistic).

Like Mankins and Joseph too (although Davin Joseph has been a bit injury prone I believe). But if we could only get one of these studs, I'd want Ryan Kalil b/c we need that center anchor. CAR will probably not franchise Kalil b/c that would mean they have to pay him among the top 5 OTs (LTs) so we may have a shot - maybe if we make Kalil the highest paid interior O-lineman in the NFL (I think he'd be worth it). If we do that (max our Kalil), we'd probably have to cap-cut Vernon Carey but I think that's okay since Nate Garner might be able to take his place without much of a drop off.

As for CB, if Will Allen is healthy, we probably don't need to add any CBs. And I think we could forget about Nnamdi (way too expensive and not really our biggest need).

As for Jake Locker, his accuracy from the pocket needs to improve but I think we gotta take him if he's there. And frankly, even though Newton and Mallett also have "issues", I think we gotta draft any of these top 4 QBs if ANY 1 OF THEM slip to 15.

Even Newton - look at VY, a lot of people thought his skills wouldn't work in the NFL - but they did. VY's skills haven't been the problem. It has just been his attitude. If you tell me that Newton can be a younger VY with a better attitude, I'll take that at 15 overall - gladly!

I like Zach Miller maybe better than Owen Daniels but Daniels will probably be cheaper b/c of the injury history (I'm doing my best to keep my mock FA realistic).

Like Mankins and Joseph too (although Davin Joseph has been a bit injury prone I believe). But if we could only get one of these studs, I'd want Ryan Kalil b/c we need that center anchor. CAR will probably not franchise Kalil b/c that would mean they have to pay him among the top 5 OTs (LTs) so we may have a shot - maybe if we make Kalil the highest paid interior O-lineman in the NFL (I think he'd be worth it). If we do that (max our Kalil), we'd probably have to cap-cut Vernon Carey but I think that's okay since Nate Garner might be able to take his place without much of a drop off.

As for CB, if Will Allen is healthy, we probably don't need to add any CBs. And I think we could forget about Nnamdi (way too expensive and not really our biggest need).

As for Jake Locker, his accuracy from the pocket needs to improve but I think we gotta take him if he's there. And frankly, even though Newton and Mallett also have "issues", I think we gotta draft any of these top 4 QBs if ANY 1 OF THEM slip to 15.

Even Newton - look at VY, a lot of people thought his skills wouldn't work in the NFL - but they did. VY's skills haven't been the problem. It's just been his attitude. If you tell me that Newton can be a younger VY with a better attitude, I'll take that at 15 overall - gladly!

Yea Nnamdi is definitely going to cost way too much, just unrealistic to think we could land him, but stranger things have happened, and we have proven well make big splashes. in our division you have to get through Tom Brady so i wouldnt under estimate the value he could add to our secondary. from what i know champ bailey is also looking to move to safety to prolonge his carrer. idk if thats something we would consider but its worth looking into. ike taylor isnt my favorite corner out there but he is tough as nails. hes always laying big hits and i like that. As far as Zach Miller and Daniels. I think both will call for big money. both guys are great. I would take either. Coupled with fasano we could have something special at the TE position. As far as QB is concerned I would not be opposed to any Blaine Gabbert/Cam Newton/Jake Locker pick but i dont like ryan mallet. i think taking him is a mistake and i would rather stick with henne. I dont like his attitude and i think his skill set is too similar to what we have. However if none of these guys were available and we had to draft a late rounder, I do like Pat Devlin and Ricky Stanzi. After watching some of the other guys no1 is standing out too much too me. Dalton looks okay Ponder's injury history shyed me away from really looking into him and kaepernick or whatever looks kinda cool but i wouldnt take any of these guys before like the 5th round. Devlin and Stanzi i would take in a heart beat in the latter of round 2 or round 3

Yea Nnamdi is definitely going to cost way too much, just unrealistic to think we could land him, but stranger things have happened, and we have proven well make big splashes. in our division you have to get through Tom Brady so i wouldnt under estimate the value he could add to our secondary. from what i know champ bailey is also looking to move to safety to prolonge his carrer. idk if thats something we would consider but its worth looking into. ike taylor isnt my favorite corner out there but he is tough as nails. hes always laying big hits and i like that. As far as Zach Miller and Daniels. I think both will call for big money. both guys are great. I would take either. Coupled with fasano we could have something special at the TE position. As far as QB is concerned I would not be opposed to any Blaine Gabbert/Cam Newton/Jake Locker pick but i dont like ryan mallet. i think taking him is a mistake and i would rather stick with henne. I dont like his attitude and i think his skill set is too similar to what we have. However if none of these guys were available and we had to draft a late rounder, I do like Pat Devlin and Ricky Stanzi. After watching some of the other guys no1 is standing out too much too me. Dalton looks okay Ponder's injury history shyed me away from really looking into him and kaepernick or whatever looks kinda cool but i wouldnt take any of these guys before like the 5th round. Devlin and Stanzi i would take in a heart beat in the latter of round 2 or round 3

We're on the same page. Not sure where Ireland is though......

Back
Top Bottom