Critical of Gase/Dolphins? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critical of Gase/Dolphins?

Something NE does yearly.
Since Belichick got there in 2000, the Patriots have averaged 11.8 (i.e. 12) wins per season. And if one counts only the seasons in which Brady played-- eliminating 2000 and 2008, they're averaging 12.3 wins per season.

During the same time frame, the Dolphins have averaged 7.7 wins per season-- utterly mediocre (and that average is buoyed by the Wanny-Fiedler years; post Wanny, the team has averaged 7.1 wins per season).

Since Belichick got there in 2000, the Patriots have averaged 11.8 (i.e. 12) wins per season. And if one counts only the seasons in which Brady played-- eliminating 2000 and 2008, they're averaging 12.3 wins per season.

During the same time frame, the Dolphins have averaged 7.7 wins per season-- utterly mediocre (and that average is buoyed by the Wanny-Fiedler years; post Wanny, the team has averaged 7.1 wins per season).

Contrast that to the Browns who in the last 3 seasons are 4-39. They haven't finished above .500 since 2007 and haven't had consecutive winning seasons since 1987-88.

Ross and Dolphin biggest problem is trusting the wrong guy. There are couple older coaches who want back in the game but either Ross or his sycophants won't give them the time of day. Brian Billick, Mike Holmgren, and Mike Shanahan are looking for either coaching or GM type jobs. Yet, Ross believe that T-Bomb is the man to lead.

It's really sad.

What's the history of good to great coaches being/becoming great GMs? How's that Elway experiment going? One big win (not taking anything away from it) and then he put *his* stamp on the team: his coach and his QB. From there, it's been "interesting".

You put those "retired" coaches up as if they are automatic saviors. What do you know that the market for super bowl's doesn't? It seems they have all been out of jobs for a while and yet....

There are only a handful of team that perform year in and year out. They seem to have a couple of things in common. They don't change coaches or GMs like some people change their socks. They ride out the hard times building a shared vision with the coaches, GM, and players. That takes time to create. The other thing they seem to have is a top 7 (5?) or better QB, a transcendent (once in a generation) game changer in a critical position, or hit the jackpot in the draft that gives them a nucleus of a unit (or 2) that anchors the team for a healthy number of years.

Remember, Shula had his down years, and even with Marino there was only one super bowl appearance. Belichick wasn't the Belinchick that we all talk/complain about until Brady made the rest possible (to be clear, I think it's a combination of more than just Brady and BB deserves a lot of the credit for the Patriots success).

True, but you can't keep a Coach who is clearly in over his head. Ross did that with Philbin... huge mistake. Now, they repeated their mistake by hiring Philbin 2.0. This team is never prepared at the start of games (just like with Philbin). It takes a LONG time to get the offense moving, if they can do it at all (just like with Philbin). Poor gameplanning and playcalling, with no discipline; why would you want to give him more time? He can't control his team.

ROFL. Cannot breath..... Philbin 2.0? Come on man!

Sadly this is it. Strictly talking about the football being played on the field there have been some really, really bad moments and games but it really is exaggerated. For instance the Raiders and Bucs games weren't that bad but I've been here a long time and there is no such thing as a loss in which the team played good or even OK. When we lose everybody sucks and needs to be replaced, it's the nature of finheaven. To be clear I want much better and am certainly not settling for that very average football but it's definitely exaggerated about how bad it is on here.

However, like it or not we are the 2nd biggest laughing stock in the league to opposing fans. This is how the Pats fans I talk to see it.
1. Signing Jay Cutler period - Everyone considers him a loser and as much as I'd have loved to see him stick it up their asses he's been a loser for us which everyone expected. Opposing fans see this as nothing but a horrible, stupid, laughable move and they're proving right.
2. We traded our best offensive player - Fantasy football rules and Ajayi was the highest rated Dolphin coming into the season. Good luck convincing opposing fans this was a good move. Another laughable move to non Dolphins fans.
3. O-line coach doing coke in the building and off hookers - Need I say more?
4. Rey getting arrested and cut - Just another embarrassing thing.
5. LB going AWOL before game 1 - I live in NE, Patriots players don't do this ****.

Sorry guys we're one step above trading for a player and not calling it in on time. The laughing stock stuff is much worse than the football we're seeing outside of the Ravens and Panthers games which is saying a lot.

I do not care if we are a laughing stock. This is not a popularity contest.

The two things that have soured me (and others) about Gase is his blind loyalty to Cutler and predictable play calling. Now the play calling has improved of late, which is encouraging, but the statement about starting Cutler without him practicing is extremely concerning. No I'm not a Matt Moore fanboy. I just don't think you should play someone who hasn't practice and has shown clear signs that he's not capable of running the offense at a high level anymore. The blind loyalty also has me concerned that we're going to stick with Burke and even worse, the wide 9 defense.

It is not blind loyalty. This season was a wash the second Tannehill went down. What's the point in throwing Cutler under the bus? Expectations were Lowwwwwwwww. Who else is out there that wouldn't make us more of a laughing stock than we already are? The season was lost...they're just trying to get through this season and move on. Ya'll (finheaven in general) )whine waaaay too much. We made it to the playoffs with a janky defense and a backup QB the last few games...running on fumes only gets you so far. This is a depleted team depth wise which was a problem looooong before Gase arrived...give it time.

I do not care if we are a laughing stock. This is not a popularity contest.

If I didn't live in Cheatriots country I wouldn't either. I go back to work tomorrow and the amount of stupid stuff I'm going to hear will be sickening.

What bothers me the most is that receivers are always wide open. Every qb we've played this season has picked us apart. It's embarrassing and pathetic.

Miami is Cleveland south. I found it interesting that in Gase's presser that he stated that the players need to worry about the process not the end result. This is a results driven league and if the results are more losses then wins, then you aren't doing your job either as a coach or as a player.

With respect ANUFan, I don't really care what other teams are doing or not doing. My dissatisfaction with Gase is that our team is regressing, not progressing. I don't want to hear excuses. It doesn't matter. All teams have issues that crop up. If we were making progress and our guys were growing and our team was getting better then I wouldn't be so ticked off. Yes, even if we are losing games because at this point this isn't about wins, it is about player development and getting better as a team with next year in mind. There is nothing to be optimistic about except that maybe we will end up with a better draft pick, but other than that, ZERO, ZIP, NADA! Gase is delusional, his coaches suck!, our players are idiots and inept, and our front office and our scouts need to resign immediately due to incompetence. They all should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom