Critics Want Bowden to Fire Son From Coordinator Post | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critics Want Bowden to Fire Son From Coordinator Post

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
November was a long month for Florida State's Bobby Bowden. His once-perennially ranked Seminoles (7-4) were winless, skidding out of the polls for the first time in four years after being manhandled by Clemson and Florida and a close home loss to North Carolina State.

And now fan Web sites, television and radio talk shows and some Florida newspapers are calling for the 76-year-old coach to fire his offensive coordinator - who happens to be his youngest son. The younger Bowden has been responsible for the Seminoles' offense the past five seasons and it has never been as good as those over the previous 15. Not even close.

Bobby Bowden, the winningest coach in major college football, has called his son's critics "cowards," adding fans "better be glad I'd like to keep this job." Bowden, stuck on 358 wins, has two years remaining on his $2 million annual contract.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20051130170709990008

as a noles fan I say Jeff Bowden needs to go. unfortunally as long as Bobby is in control I don't think its gonna happen.

I guess his age is finally catching up to him if he can't see the horrible job his son is doing. Our offense has went downhill for 5 straight years now with Jeffy-Boy running the show. With the talent we have on offense there should be no reason we can't put up some points.

It finally boiled over with me against Florida. Why in the world would someone continue to call play-action passes with no running game and no pass protection. At the start of the year I actually believed we were back to the FSU offense of old. We were running 4 WR sets and we were getting the RB's involved in the passing attack. But after we lost to Virgina, it seems like they just threw that play-book out the window and went back to our straight I-set backfield.

I'm at the point now that I thought I would never be. If it takes Bobby leaving in order for Jeff to be fired, THEN THAT TIME HAS COME!!!!!!

ok people i have a friend that goes to liberty university. it's VERY big on campus there that jeff bowden will be their new head coach. i even saw it on liberty forums and fsu forums. he has connections, and since liberty is turning division 1A soon (i think), they want a NAME for coach. and he has some florida ties, and those are always good for coaches out of state

do with that what you will FSU fans

As much as I enjoy watching FSU lose and not play well...

I would rather seem them lose when they are playing well. Seems to mean more.

You can replace Bowden with Paterno and you have a story that has been running in newspapers in State College for years. In that situation the son was given less responsibility but is still on the staff. I just don't see how there is any way that some one at their ages could put their own career ahead of their son's and fire them.

Jeffie did not get the Liberty job.

BTW:Rumor around Tallytown, Norm Chow isn't enjoying the NFL experience. Bowden Sr. has been up to Tenn to visit.

NorFlaFin said:
Jeffie did not get the Liberty job.

BTW:Rumor around Tallytown, Norm Chow isn't enjoying the NFL experience. Bowden Sr. has been up to Tenn to visit.

:eek: uh oh :lol:

Man, i love Bobby, i love him as a coach, a recruiter, but we aint gonna win **** with jeff as our OC, so if it takes Bobby leaving, who the **** cares? get his and his sons *** out of here.

The biggest indicator of Jeff Bowden's ineptness as a coach is the lack of player development. Chris Rix had the best freshman season of arguably any quarterback in the nation and continually went backwards each year. He made the same mistakes (fade away passes, scrambling too early) as a senior that he did as a freshman. Offensive lineman who were looked at as underachievers in recent years are proving to be successful under different coaches at the NFL level. How about wide recievers Javon Walker and Anquan Boldin...neither was able to "break out" at FSU...we now know that wasn't because they were overrated.

Jeff Bowden has not developed players or put his most talented players in a position to succeed. With the amount of talent he has been given the fortune of coaching, this is unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom