Curious on how many think Miami needs to move out of the 1st next month. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curious on how many think Miami needs to move out of the 1st next month.

Depends Depends Depends....if at 21 you've got a talent that says I'm going to start you DONT TRADE. If you're looking at your board and are thinking hrmmmmm no one looks to be ready to play for 2 years (to develop if they even do...like Noah 🤦‍♂️) then you trade down if you find a partner as long as your adding picks of value that aren't too far off...

It depends on what our options are to trade down and who is available when we are on the clock at 21.

I would like to trade down towards the end of round 1 and pick up a 3rd round pick.

It takes two to tango so there has to be another team willing to trade up with us and give up draft capital.

Would I trade out of the first for a high second and third? Not sure. How many third rounders have become good players for us in the last two decades?

Given the depth at OT and WR this year and our needs I might consider trading some of next year's picks to get an extra second.

It all depends on who falls and what team at the tail-end of the first round is willing to give something up to move up. I would love to see a third and fourth round pick added - going more than 100 picks without making a selection and being a spectator will suck.

Not just no, but HELL NO!

If for no other reason that 1st rounders have the all important 5th year option for the team … lesser round picks do not get that benefit.

Stay in the goddamn premium round!!!

Fortunately, Grier is very good at trading, maybe Bo Nix will be there and Grier can fleece somebody for him!

Unfortunately, Grier isn't as adept at selecting players as he is at making trades.... thus far.

Depends on who is on the board. As a draft junkie I’m all for accumulating as many top 100 picks as possible.
I agree, but seeing as how they've missed more than they hit, it really doesn't matter how many draft picks we get. Grier has the situation properly ****ed. They're letting their best defensive player, Wilkins, walk cause they can't pay him. They have no choice. They've already gutted the defense due to him being shortsighted/ Complete lack of faith in this organization, and I've been a fan since 84. I feel less hopefull with this group than I did when Joe Philbin was running ****.

I agree, but seeing as how they've missed more than they hit, it really doesn't matter how many draft picks we get. Grier has the situation properly ****ed. They're letting their best defensive player, Wilkins, walk cause they can't pay him. They have no choice. They've already gutted the defense due to him being shortsighted/ Complete lack of faith in this organization, and I've been a fan since 84. I feel less hopefull with this group than I did when Joe Philbin was running ****.

You are new here brother but bring a lot of negativity which we really don't need

At least wait until you see who we draft or add as a free agent before declaring us worse than when Philbin was here

We did just win 11 games for the first time since 2008

That's crazy talk. We had nowhere near this level of talent when Philbin was here. You are criticising Greer on one hand, and then advocating him to overspend on Wilkins with the other. How has the defense been gutted? I would like to keep Wilkins but he can be replaced. Tell me honestly, do you think he's going to perform better next season than he did this?
You need some perspective, Grier has done a decent job in the draft over the last five years, nobody hits on every pick. Teams that have been consistently good for the last decade+ like Kansas City and Philadelphia can afford to take the best player available every year, it's easy to hit on safe prospects. We have had to build a team from nothing and that has meant drafting for need and gambling on high risk / high reward players like Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghine.

Man I need to spend a few weeks away from here, it's unbearable.

No seething negativity please.

I always want to trade back for more picks so put me down for doing that.

Should a player like Mims or Fuaga(and maybe Fautanu) be there I would take him but unless a surprise like Bowers were to slip I don't know if there will be someone on the board I would prefer over a trade down.

If the OL was not in such dire straits I would be tempted by a CB or pass rusher who might be there but I don't think investing the first pick on Defense makes sense.

Miami is going to go as far as the Offense takes them so they should try to make it as strong as possible in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom