Current Jets Cap Condition? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current Jets Cap Condition?

rayfinkle5

Starter
Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the jets current situation? I can't figure out how they continue to make these high priced signings and still stay under the cap. If someone here could clarify for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Same here....

I also want to know how theyr cap will look two years from now when its like -19 like the Redskins lol.

Same here....

I also want to know how theyr cap will look two years from now when its like -19 like the Redskins lol.

That's wishful thinking, the skins had years and years of overspending and still were never in real cap hell. We have one offseason w/ a lot of spending and we still have about $5 mil in cap room which will grow to about $12 mil once Dewayne Robertson is moved.

Lumpy posted something about everybodies cap situation like a week ago and the Jets where still around 4.5 million under.

which will grow to about $12 mil once Dewayne Robertson is moved.

that pending DR restructuring his contract for the new team, that's on him and he holds the cards if he wants to do that, and I don't see why he would, isn't he suppos to make like 8-9 million this year?

Jets might just have to cut outright, and if they do they they will still have to take some sort of hit.

correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

I don't know all the details but I'm guessing we'd get less cap room back if we just had to cut him. Either way we'll be getting a nice chunk back.

They spent a good chuck of change and it wasn't all on a fresh legs (Woodly and Faneca) so I guess they'll be making preparations to change over again..., they aren't special..., they are one year older

the jets are about 10mil over the cap entering the 09 season. obv if favre retires 13mil will come off their cap. the jets got 2 players in ellis and someone else they said on wfan 2day that will save them 4-5mil each for those two players.

I posted this on another thread.

"You guys are 10 mil over the cap. The cap for 09 is going to increase approx. 10 mil give or take. So you should be right at cap.

But you also have to resign Barton, Nugent, Elam, Wright, Clowney, Ratliff, Murrell, Mosley and Richardson if you want them.

Unless you get rid of Farve you won't be able to sign any free agents to say the least." And don't forget about your top draft pics.

I posted this on another thread.

"You guys are 10 mil over the cap. The cap for 09 is going to increase approx. 10 mil give or take. So you should be right at cap.

But you also have to resign Barton, Nugent, Elam, Wright, Clowney, Ratliff, Murrell, Mosley and Richardson if you want them.

Unless you get rid of Farve you won't be able to sign any free agents to say the least." And don't forget about your top draft pics.

Most of the guys you listed there wont cost much. The guys that do like Barton wont be back.

If we will be right at cap like you said ( I believe you are right) and Favre retires then we are 13 million under.

Then you have David Barret who will certainley get cut as he stands to save us about 4 million dollars. Then you got other guys like David Bowens who will save us 2 million. Then you figure there will be some other cuts and some restructuring and we are not really in bad shape.

We arent in great cap shape like you guys but we got room to work with.

Back
Top Bottom