cussing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cussing

Well. I think Im close to taking, if not easily taking the honors for frequent use of profanity around here. But, let me say, honestly I really only use it when I feel like it is necessary to empasize a point. Well, ok, not always. None the less, I dont see how its a big deal. As long as people arent circumventing the filter, it gets filtered. So its not as if its blatently out there. And if a minor comes on and reads it, well if they can figure out what word is being used behind the filter, then they are obviously familiar with the word and it isnt going to harm them in any way. Besides, you would be surprised at the ages kids know all kinds of foul words. I think as long as they arent using them towards authority figures(parents, teachers, police officers etc...) then it really isnt a big deal. However, I know this isnt my site, so I cant make the rules. Im just trying to make a pretty valid ****ing point here. :lol: OK OK I know thowing in a curse word as a joke has been done a few times already in the thread, but I had to.

If this isnt enough of an argument for ya, just refer to George Carlins bit on bad words. THEYRE ONLY WORDS. I get tired of hearing about bad words and bad language....BS. The words are innocent. The words are completely neutral. Its the user, the intent behind the words that make them good or bad.

And he is right. If you say ****, thats not a bad word. Its just a word. What the difference between fudge and ****? Nothing. You can use them to mean the same thing in the same context. Someone just "labeled" **** as a bad word, and for some reason everyone went along with it. Its only a bad word if it is being used in a bad way. Like if I in anger tell someone "**** YOU". Then its being used in a hateful way. Which would make it bad. However, if I angrily say "FUDGE YOU" I still mean the same thing....right. So how is fudge not in that case a "bad" word? Its ridiculous. Its just a word. And like I say, I cant make the same emphasis when making a post if I say "Im sick of this poop."

And one last point. Minors? Chances are if a kid can read, he or she knows cuss words and uses them. Not only that, how old are these minors You know at age 17, kids can get into R rated movies. ****, at age 13 they can get into PG 13s which often include words such as **** in them.

I say we loosen up around here on the cursing restrictions. As long as the filter catches it, let it fly. But, thats just MHO.

Profanity is the weapon of the witless. If you're so ignorant you cant verbalize a thought without cussing, maybe you should join a forum with more free thinkers like yourself. I hear the raiders and the niners boards are rife with mental giants with verbose vocabularies like what we've seen here

Profanity is the weapon of the witless. If you're so ignorant you cant verbalize a thought without cussing, maybe you should join a forum with more free thinkers like yourself. I hear the raiders and the niners boards are rife with mental giants with verbose vocabularies like what we've seen here
I like your sig. :d-day:

Alright, myself and another Admin have already chimed in, the filter stays as it is.

Back
Top Bottom