Dan Campbell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell

Dthrill_08

Active Roster
Reaction score
He is currently the front runner for the Lions.

If Miami would've hired him during his time as interim, do you think he'd have success?

I personally liked him a lot but I think he needed time with the Saints and Sean. The Lions have a good hire imo but it can be another Jets and Todd Bowles.

Always remember his first two games as a coach. That 41 point first half against the Texans was something else.

He wasn't ready to be head coach. Saints seemed like the perfect spot for him to go and gain experience as assistant head coach with Payton

I'd like to see him be a head coach but not the Lions. Just seems like a terrible spot for any head coach

The Lions organization does suck but they have a decent roster. They will probably draft a Stafford replacement. They have a good offense if they retain their WR. Swift seems to be the real deal.
They are in a tough division.

Remains to be seen what happens. Detroit is where coaching careers go to die, so it may not be all his fault if he fails. But he wasn’t impressive here either. Sure, he got the interim bounce— and Philbin was awful and had lost the team— so he looked better than he was. I don’t think he was the answer long-term.

That said, they ended up replacing him with Gase so it’s not like it would have been disastrous had he stayed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom