"Dancing" Ronnie Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dancing" Ronnie Brown

malzj

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Read the Palm Beach article. Ronnie Brown states that when he gets more carries he allows the game to just happen. What I also took from that is that early in the game, when the amount of carries are unknown he's trying to make the most of them. Thus, he dances more in the backfield trying to break one. This is also proven by the fact that Ronnie gets "stronger" as the game goes on when really he's just a better Runningback.

I think constent carries and experiance will fix this for Ronnie.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...c_stoda_1111.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

The fact that this man has moves like he does at 231 is highly impressive,his spin moves and jukes are that of a 200 pounder,these attributes will become more effective as he gets more experience and learns the nuances of the game and his position,,i think were seeing the beginning of a very dangerous man,,, he just showed his whole arsenal and ran all over the best defense in the league,,the man found his confidence and will dominate the rest of the year

our team has an attitude problem and you know what,, i like it a lot

CHIEFS ARE GOING DOWN

I agree that it's going to take him some time to get into form. WHat's not helping the situation is his lack of carries per game. Hopefully last wk was a preview of more to come.

Guys... Ronnie ran of a 150 yards on 29 carries. I believe Edge ran close to 50 times and had something like 60 yards.

malzj said:
Read the Palm Beach article. Ronnie Brown states that when he gets more carries he allows the game to just happen. What I also took from that is that early in the game, when the amount of carries are unknown he's trying to make the most of them. Thus, he dances more in the backfield trying to break one. This is also proven by the fact that Ronnie gets "stronger" as the game goes on when really he's just a better Runningback.

I think constent carries and experiance will fix this for Ronnie.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...c_stoda_1111.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46
Agreed, check out these splits.

1-10 carries: 3.4 ypc
11-20 carries: 4.8 ypc
21-30 carries: 5.5 ypc

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407235/splits/2006

Why he doesn't get the ball 25+ times a games, is beyond me. :shakeno:

Another quick note. In our two wins, Ronnie averaged:

28 carries, 124 yards, and a 4.5 ypc

in our six losses, he averaged:

16 carries, 62 yards, and a 3.9 ypc.

Notice the difference? The man needs MORE carries.

I keep hearing "the game dictates the amount of carries he's getting". So we're playing from behind... who's to say that we're not able to gain yardage and comeback by running the ball?

i wish ronnie wouldn't dance as much and just find a hole and hit it at full speed, he is getting better

djphinfan said:
The fact that this man has moves like he does at 231 is highly impressive,his spin moves and jukes are that of a 200 pounder,these attributes will become more effective as he gets more experience and learns the nuances of the game and his position,,i think were seeing the beginning of a very dangerous man,,, he just showed his whole arsenal and ran all over the best defense in the league,,the man found his confidence and will dominate the rest of the year

our team has an attitude problem and you know what,, i like it a lot

CHIEFS ARE GOING DOWN

1 big glaring problem with his game is his lack of speed to get to the endzone from very far away. however of course being 230+ he can do what he did in the chiefs game last year and run over someone on the way to the goal lol.

malzj said:
I keep hearing "the game dictates the amount of carries he's getting". So we're playing from behind... who's to say that we're not able to gain yardage and comeback by running the ball?

when ur down by 2 scores with less than 2 quarters left, its better to pass even with our passing game.

Bingo!

Mainge said:
Agreed, check out these splits.

1-10 carries: 3.4 ypc
11-20 carries: 4.8 ypc
21-30 carries: 5.5 ypc

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407235/splits/2006

Why he doesn't get the ball 25+ times a games, is beyond me. :shakeno:

Outstanding post, pretty much the numbers don't lie. Why on Earth would Boolarky run him less than 30 times a game?

tmman said:
i wish ronnie wouldn't dance as much and just find a hole and hit it at full speed, he is getting better

he looks really good when he is "dancing" when the oline makes a hole.

I want to see Ronnie EXPLODE through the line like he did last week against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Ronnie hit the holes fast and burst upfield pretty damn good. Scroll down the page to see the video. Vote for him while you're at it. :D

http://www.nfl.com/partners/fedex/thankyou

With just a little more speed, he'd be unstoppable. Problem is, in the NFL these days, most of the DBs and a few of the linebackers are also running close to 4.4 40s. Larry Johnson and even LaDainian Tomlinson get caught from behind sometimes just like everyone else.

Our offensive line ... hell, everyone on the offense ... was blocking well last Sunday. Even Joey did some decent blocking. Chris Chambers had some really nice blocks. He should be proud of those. THAT is what they need to do EVERY week to get the running game going.

If the offense is balanced and we're keeping the defensive coordinators guessing, the running game will help open up the passing game. Then when the passing game gets going, it opens up the running game even more ... and vice versa.

It really does help Chris, Booker, and Wes when they do their part blocking well in the running game. Ronnie does a good job helping in the passing game for our receivers by blocking for Joey, and going to the edge on screens and short routes to spread the defense, etc. When they all play together on every play like a well oiled machine, we get big wins like we did on Sunday.
:df81:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a fantastic day military veterans ... all the veterans from all of America's wars, especially the veterans from the Iraq war. All Americans owe a lot to you guys.
:troops:

The man is a beast he should get the ball between 25-30 times a game and they should not put Sammy Morris in the game when it is a close game because he has fumblitis this year.

Back
Top Bottom