Darrington Hobson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darrington Hobson

Caracter is crazy-good too. Not only can he rip teams apart down-low, but he can shoot outside as well.

Truthfully the team had an off night. It's hard to get up for an average team like UNM, and it bit them. UNM was shooting lights-out, we couldn't hit a lick at the end. Of course, it was still close despite this, and that blatant no-call of a "block" at the end just proved the refs had it in the bag for New Mexico.
Whiniest? Hardly. It's hard to accept losing to a mediocre UNM team when you're used to being a big dog of the college sports world. Maybe some day UNM will get to Our level. Maybe not.

We'll beat up UNM in the final on our way to a probable Final Four run. When you're back in ABQ sobbing about a first round loss to Weber State, we'll be taking in some great wins. We'll let you know how the top is, Loblows.

Really? Is that what you're going to come with? How the 10th ranked team is mediocre? A team that is 6-0 against top 25 teams? A team that has set a conference record for 13 straight wins? A team that has beat BYU in both their meetings this season? Tell me something, what does that make BYU?

That Hobson block was a foul? Funny how the broadcasters calling the game said nothing about it, also funny how ESPN showed that highlight all night long and no one uttered the words "Oh that was a obvious hack!". I believe one analyst even called it the block of the year. But I'm sure you'd be calling it clean if he had a BYU jersey on.

You have to get out of the first round before reaching the final four. Best of luck to BYU finding their way out of that paper bag.

Congrats to UTEP, champions of C-USA.

Secondly, the latest Bracketology has New Mexico as a 2 seed out West, and BYU as a 4 seed. Has UNLV an 8 seed against Marquette, and SDSU as a 13 seed. So 4 teams for the MWC.
:woot:

Steve Alford has been named Mountain West Coach of The Year for the second straight year.

Hobson has been named Mountain West Player of The Year and Newcomer of The Year.

Dairese Gary and Hobson named First-Team MWC.

Roman Martinez named Second-Team MWC.

Dairese Gary named to the All-Defensive Team.

Phillip McDonald Honorable Mention All-MWC.

UNM cleaned up on awards.

I wonder if Oregon will throw the kitchen sink at Alford now that they've gotten rid of Kent. Certainly have the money to do so.

I wonder if Oregon will throw the kitchen sink at Alford now that they've gotten rid of Kent. Certainly have the money to do so.

I hope not but if he did decide to leave I wouldn't be mad at him at all.

I think he'll end up staying though. He has a great working relationship with the AD at UNM and is (I believe) making over a million a year. The Pit is one of the best sporting venues in college basketball and is currently going through a 60 million dollar renovation. Not to mention Albuquerque is a basketball crazed city. Going to see them play is the thing to do.

He's got UNM in the top 10 and is getting All-American type players to sign there. If he left for another program he would be a Lobo legend for the rest of his life but I don't think it's happening.

Oregon's moving into a brand new arena next year, so they're going to want to make a splash.

I don't know if Alford will be their target, but I think they'll go for a big name.

watchu fellrs gonna sey whn th Cowpies beet noo Messiko en th MWC Turrnament?...lol

HAHAHAHA!

New Mexico going to make a run? Yeah RIGHT!
You can't even beat SDSU. Too funny.

We're on the road to the Final Four; you're on the road to a one and done.

sn deeyeago stete...lol...wut hppend tu tha loooboos?...lol

San Diego State has had our number this season. They are loaded with posts players while we only have two. We played like crap at the start of the game but managed to work our way back into it and had a chance to win it in the end.

I didn't think we'd win tonight, we barely beat them at The Pit.

Could be worse, we could of lost the play-in game...

San Diego State has had our number this season. They are loaded with posts players while we only have two. We played like crap at the start of the game but managed to work our way back into it and had a chance to win it in the end.

I didn't think we'd win tonight, we barely beat them at The Pit.

Could be worse, we could of lost the play-in game...

weeelllll fellr...eyf sed thy werrr mor lyke cowpies thn cowpokes ths yeer...no ekspektashuns herr...lol...looobooos bleuu et...lol

HAHAHAHA!

New Mexico going to make a run? Yeah RIGHT!
You can't even beat SDSU. Too funny.

We're on the road to the Final Four; you're on the road to a one and done.

Love when people talk trash about a team when the team they are bad mouthing owns their team.

Just be glad you won't play UNM if a miracle happens and you make it pass UNLV.

Back
Top Bottom