Daunte takes back jewelry? / Story Refuted | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte takes back jewelry? / Story Refuted

The kid was immature in asking for the jewelry. Daunte was stupid for presenting it to him, and even more foolish for taking it back. Overall, there was a lot of stupidity in that little event.

volk said:
The kid was immature in asking for the jewelry. Daunte was stupid for presenting it to him, and even more foolish for taking it back. Overall, there was a lot of stupidity in that little event.
Daunte was trying to do a good deed. The kid was handicaped, so he let him wear it. He also asked on tv, what was he supposed to do? Ignore the kid, tell him no? he didnt really have a choice. I know if he let me wear it i would bolt though.

big pepper is a good guy and said he would send him some "ICE" later but really did ya think he would give away his custom stuff he'll have something for the kid no worries.,..

man, the kid asked for his shiny expensive $75,000 diamond and platinum necklaces, and u all say it was a bad move on daunte??? he let the kid wear it... who in their right mind would give that type of thing to anyone just b/c they asked for it....sure the kid can have it for a while, but u better be damn sure i will be getting it back...send the kid a pair of tickets for next yr...should be good enough

pwn3dyo said:
Daunte was trying to do a good deed. The kid was handicaped, so he let him wear it. He also asked on tv, what was he supposed to do? Ignore the kid, tell him no? he didnt really have a choice. I know if he let me wear it i would bolt though.
bolt away in the wheelchair?? lmao :tongue:

awing_pilot said:
parents are stupid I would never have let my kid keep that. i would have given it back afterwords. (I already have daunte's college game worn jersey) Plus hes going to make up for it. Those items are his and were made custom jsut for him and have meaning to him. I don't fault him one bit. He still runs a huge charity up in Minnesota and in orlando. And is a stand up guy. I agree this is a story just to fill a page.
they were probably gonna pawn it

This is just funny I think. No fault of Daunte, I mean maybe he was a little bit foolish not being able to predict it would look bad but still all he's tryin to do is please people. That's all he ever tries to do, really. Daunte's an awesome player and an awesome guy, overall.

Daunte is one of the good guys.
High profile guys like him can't win for losing. It's a shame that no good deed goes unpunished. Shame on the parents, but the press really deserves a red *** for the attention this is getting.

Duante let the kid borrow.... selfish family that thinks they freaking own it or something. Let Duante send them a autograph football or something. dont be greed people.

adrosen54 said:
If this one is off topic as well, why is it still in the main forum? This is unbelieveable.
I love replying to off topic threads in the main forum.

Jethatr said:
I love replying to off topic threads in the main forum.
Well you could have replied to more of an on-topic thread, but it was moved instantly. Check my sig if you want to find it. At least it was Dolphins related.

Lets just be honest here. the jewelry was worth $75,000. I realize daunte is a millionaire, but $75K is still $75K. You dont just give that away when someone asks for it. It was also especially made for him. Parents fault for getting their hopes up, but im sure anyone would overjoyce in joy when they got something worth $75000

Back
Top Bottom