Daunte's contract details | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte's contract details

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
1, 2007) -- If quarterback Daunte Culpepper is as successful throwing passes as he is negotiating deals, the Raiders are going to be happy they signed him.
Acting as his own agent, Culpepper negotiated a one-year deal with the Raiders that could be worth as little as $750,000 or as much as $5.5 million, which just happens to be the salary Miami had been scheduled to pay him this season.
Culpepper's contract calls for him to make $750,000 in guaranteed money. If he's on the Raiders roster the first game of the season, he'll make $2.6 million and that will increase to $3.2 million after six games.
Culpepper also has up to $500,000 in play-time incentives and another $1.65 in hard-to-earn performance and play-time incentives.
If Culpepper has a Pro-Bowl caliber year and the Raiders win the Super Bowl, the quarterback would make $5.5 million. In the event the Raiders do not win the Super Bowl but Culpepper still plays well, he could make up to $4 million this season.
But if Culpepper plays strong this year -- and he's expecting he will -- then the real riches really await. Culpepper is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Just info that I know some people wanted to know. Not meant as a flameathon.

[mod]Aren't there enough threads in the main forum to debate the awfulness of Daunte Culpepper? The topic in this thread and forum is the contract numbers.[/mod]

so if im understanding this correctly, for him to make what he would have made had he been in Miami he needs to win the superbowl?!?! Guess he should have just let us trade him. He would still be making at a minimuim a few million and not have to worry about winning a superbowl to make what he would have made anyways..

Great negotiating...Way to get your roll on bro...:sidelol:

so if im understanding this correctly, for him to make what he would have made had he been in Miami he needs to win the superbowl?!?! Guess he should have just let us trade him. He would still be making at a minimuim a few million and not have to worry about winning a superbowl to make what he would have made anyways..

Great negotiating...Way to get your roll on bro...:sidelol:

he gets over 3 million for just being on the raiders for six games> not bad for a washed up Qb. no objectivity at all from the haters.

I can't believe some of our fans.

Daunte didn't pan out...wow. Does that mean we have to stalk him for the rest of his life and bash him? He wanted to play great for us, he wanted to rehab and lead this team into the playoffs. It didn't happen....we move on.

Anyway I think the contract is brilliant.

Here are my reasons:

1) Even if he gets cut he still gets 750k and a chance to find another team.
2) He gets a big bonus just for not getting cut.
3) He gets another bonus just for staying on the team for 6 games.
4) It is a one year deal, so he can showcase what he has left and become a free agent next year.
5) He has very little competition on that team, so I see him being on the roster.

I can't believe some of our fans.

Daunte didn't pan out...wow. Does that mean we have to stalk him for the rest of his life and bash him? He wanted to play great for us, he wanted to rehab and lead this team into the playoffs. It didn't happen....we move on.

Anyway I think the contract is brilliant.

Here are my reasons:

1) Even if he gets cut he still gets 750k and a chance to find another team.
2) He gets a big bonus just for not getting cut.
3) He gets another bonus just for staying on the team for 6 games.
4) It is a one year deal, so he can showcase what he has left and become a free agent next year.
5) He has very little competition on that team, so I see him being on the roster.

Daunte actually seems to be a good agent.

Back
Top Bottom