David Garrard retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Garrard retires

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Garrard is leaving the Jets and retiring because he continues to have knee problems. If he had been proven to be healthy, he probably was going to be the Jets Week 1 starter. Sanchez or Smith will now start week one. :hump:

As much as I love to see the jest in pain, I hate to see Garrard retire under these terms. Meanwhile, the circus continues in New Jersey.

Beat me to the thread opening which would have been phrased differently.

Im asking the question that registered just asked.......

I wonder how much money he got that he gets to keep when he signed. Im betting he made more the last couple of months for signing and a few practices than most working people earn in a couple of years.

What a fraud. And he didnt retire...... he is stated as "leaving the Jests" or "quitting the Jests". Quitting is the key word I think.

Im sure he isnt going to officially retire. Why would he? He seems to have a knack for fleecing a different team every offseason for a few bucks. He has a good scam going that for some reason only WVDolphan caught on to. Unreal.

This guy is making a living doing this BS. He is healthy enough to pass a physical everytime, yet when the action starts he is injured. Why do teams keep falling for this?

Dont be surprised that if someone needs an emergency QB midseason for some reason if Garrard declares himself healthy again and 100% committed. He will have his agent suggest he has been working hard for months since leaving the Jests to get back into playing condition, rehabbing his knee, etc etc..... Sign a contract and decide he cant play soon after. :bobdole:
If not that then definately next offseason again.

Isn't it wonderful to think that at this time last year we had Chad Johnson and David Garrard on our roster?

Bullets. Dodged.

I wonder how much money he got that he gets to keep when he signed. Im betting he made more the last couple of months for signing and a few practices than most working people earn in a couple of years.

What a fraud. And he didnt retire...... he is stated as "leaving the Jests" or "quitting the Jests". Quitting is the key word I think.

Im sure he isnt going to officially retire. Why would he? He seems to have a knack for fleecing a different team every offseason for a few bucks. He has a good scam going that for some reason only WVDolphan caught on to. Unreal.

This guy is making a living doing this BS. He is healthy enough to pass a physical everytime, yet when the action starts he is injured. Why do teams keep falling for this?

Dont be surprised that if someone needs an emergency QB midseason for some reason if Garrard declares himself healthy again and 100% committed. He will have his agent suggest he has been working hard for months since leaving the Jests to get back into playing condition, rehabbing his knee, etc etc..... Sign a contract and decide he cant play soon after. :bobdole:

:lol: this is so true.

heh...one guy on jetsinsider commented: "when he heard about Garrard , Sanchez threw a party....the party got intercepted"

This is shocking. Shocking! I just can't believe he didn't wait until training camp so he could sucker in his next victim with practice field highlights. He's losing his touch.

Sent from my ducking phone using Tapatalk 2

The best QB on the Jets roster quit on them. Why am I not surprised at this turn of events?

David Garrard quitting New York Jets, cites knee issue

Yeah I heard about this earlier today. I'm surprised he didn't wait until camp started so he could have his salary guaranteed like last year.

This is among the stupidest theories that you keep throwing around. He would have made 1.1 million as a player and last year would have made much more if he hadnt got hurt with us. The guys body obviously cant take it and a physical was taken after not playing football for months so there is no guarantee that a phyiscal would see anything that would be an issue. The guys 35 years old and has had back and knee issues and you think he has some genius scam where he will make 100,000 instead of a million. Thats such a brilliant scam lol. i dont give one flip about garrard but this as a theory to make money is quite illogical. The biggest hole in your theory is all he had to do was make the week 1 roster for the dolphins last year and he would have made 2.25 million so why fake an injury as u claimed last year and lose that kind of money when you could wait a few weeks and do same thing.

Wow. Lol.

This isn't what you actually think is the truth, right? I mean, if it is...you're not too bright are you?

Back
Top Bottom