Day 2 prospect Chris Leak? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 prospect Chris Leak?

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Todd McShay of Scouts Inc.

Chris Leak, QB, Florida
In all fairness, Leak was playing with a bruised right shoulder in his team's loss at LSU on Saturday. However, his stock has been on the steady decline for the last few weeks and it has hit an all-time low following his career-low 107 yards passing versus the Tigers. Leak completed 11-of-30 passes and was sacked four times. In total, the Tigers held the Gators to only 206 yards of total offense. Leak is clearly struggling to adjust to new head coach Urban Meyer's offensive system and, as a result, the junior quarterback has completely lost his confidence. Moving forward, don't be surprised to see a lot more of freshman QB Josh Portis, who seems to be a better fit in Meyer's scheme due to his size and running ability.

I for one am glad. He's is vastly overrated & not an NFL QB.

Good. If there's one QB that I don't want, it's Leak.

kastofsna120 said:
coulda swore i said he's not an NFL QB for like a year......yeah, i did

I've said it longer, but of course you can't tell Florida fans that, or the stat watchers.

SMadison29 said:
I've said it longer, but of course you can't tell Florida fans that, or the stat watchers.
well i would've said it longer, but no one talked about him till last year, so...yeah, he has no shot in the NFL

kastofsna120 said:
well i would've said it longer, but no one talked about him till last year, so...yeah, he has no shot in the NFL

Everyone talked about him his freshman year, especially the analysts, like he was the second coming of Peyton Manning. Well I'm glad that they're starting to see that they were wrong.

I said it before both you guys. I played against him in high school. :lol:

byroan said:

Yeah right. You played against him & thought, "Man, this guy is God." :hail: It's okay to admit it.

SMadison29 said:

I'll admit it, He has looked VERY average at best this season. He started out pretty strong with no INTs til like their 4th game but he just gets rattled too easy, makes some bad decisions sometimes, and yeah I have seen his height affect his play this season :( Still wish you the best though Chris, he'll still get a chance in the somewhere in the NFL though.

byroan said:
ya know he wasn't the #1 QB in teh country because you guys shut him down, so i imagine you guys were humbled

He may not even be that. He has not played well at all this year. If this continues, he may not get drafted. However, the flip side is if he all of a sudden figures things out and lights up Georgia and FSU (not likely on either account) he will be right back to a first day pick. I personally am not sold on him, but draft statuses are very flakey (is that a word?).

Oboy said:
He may not even be that. He has not played well at all this year. If this continues, he may not get drafted. However, the flip side is if he all of a sudden figures things out and lights up Georgia and FSU (not likely on either account) he will be right back to a first day pick. I personally am not sold on him, but draft statuses are very flakey (is that a word?).

Now thats just flat out ridiculous. Just because he's had a hard time picking up a gimmick offense does not make him become a undrafted QB. Natural talent does count for something you know. As for "unlikely" to light up UGA and FSU? HA! It wouldn't be the first time he did. Be realistic!

SMadison29 said:
Yeah right. You played against him & thought, "Man, this guy is God." :hail: It's okay to admit it.

He was god, in high school. None of the teams here are worth anything though.

I met Chad Henne before a game a couple years ago against carlisle and he lit us up with 6 tds. Ended up winning like 45-28

Back
Top Bottom