Day 2 prospect Chris Leak? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 prospect Chris Leak?

Buddwalk said:
I met Chad Henne before a game a couple years ago against carlisle and he lit us up with 6 tds. Ended up winning like 45-28

Yeah, we lost to Independence every time by at least 30 points. They're on a 80+ game winning streak. It almost came to an end 2 weeks ago but they won it on a field goal as time expired. Greatest HS game I've ever seen. They were losing 28-0 after the first qtr.

SpeedRush99 said:
Now thats just flat out ridiculous. Just because he's had a hard time picking up a gimmick offense does not make him become a undrafted QB. Natural talent does count for something you know. As for "unlikely" to light up UGA and FSU? HA! It wouldn't be the first time he did. Be realistic!
I am being realistic. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I am not being realistic. Chris Rix and Brock Berlin both had huge amounts of natural talent. BOTH went undrafted. ALOT goes into the draft. Don't get me wrong I actually like Leak, but he has not played well at all this season. And yes he did well against FSU and UGA before, but his oline was playing better in those games. I would love to see Leak come out and prove everyone wrong, but until he does...

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are not realistic. At this point there is no way you can say that he will definitely light up those teams and will definitely be drafted. Not unless you have a crystal ball (in which case, what are the winning lotto numbers?). So at this point anything can happen.

Oboy said:
I am being realistic. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I am not being realistic. Chris Rix and Brock Berlin both had huge amounts of natural talent. BOTH went undrafted. ALOT goes into the draft. Don't get me wrong I actually like Leak, but he has not played well at all this season. And yes he did well against FSU and UGA before, but his oline was playing better in those games. I would love to see Leak come out and prove everyone wrong, but until he does...

Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are not realistic. At this point there is no way you can say that he will definitely light up those teams and will definitely be drafted. Not unless you have a crystal ball (in which case, what are the winning lotto numbers?). So at this point anything can happen.

I never said he was definitely gonna light them up, just that he has before. Everyone knows Florida has had great success against Georgia. All bias aside, Rix wasn't half the QB Leak is and there is a reason Berlin transfered to Miami, cause he wasn't gonna start over Leak at Florida, horrible comparison. I never claimed to have a crystal ball but theres no way Leak goes undrafted.

Leak won't leave college this year, no way. And the gators this year are like the dolphins. The offense is atrocious this year. The oline is blocking well, no running game, riddled with some big injuries and learning a new system. You can't credit leak soley, it is the entire Offensive side of the ball.

FinSinceBirth said:
Leak won't leave college this year, no way. And the gators this year are like the dolphins. The offense is atrocious this year. The oline is blocking well, no running game, riddled with some big injuries and learning a new system. You can't credit leak soley, it is the entire Offensive side of the ball.
how are they like the dolphins again?

FinSinceBirth said:
what o line and running game are you looking at we have a running game but our OC just won't utilize it

SpeedRush99 said:
I never said he was definitely gonna light them up, just that he has before. Everyone knows Florida has had great success against Georgia. All bias aside, Rix wasn't half the QB Leak is and there is a reason Berlin transfered to Miami, cause he wasn't gonna start over Leak at Florida, horrible comparison. I never claimed to have a crystal ball but theres no way Leak goes undrafted.

I might be wrong, but I thought the reason he transferred was because he couldn't start over Grossman. I believe Berlin left Florida when Leak was still in high school.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I might be wrong, but I thought the reason he transferred was because he couldn't start over Grossman. I believe Berlin left Florida when Leak was still in high school.

Yeah I think your right but he wouldn't have started over Leak either.

FinSinceBirth said:
And the gators this year are like the dolphins.

Not really. The Gators defense has been solid, unlike the Dolphins defense.

A guy to consider is Ryan Nassib for Syracuse. He runs a high powered no huddle (would be way more high powered with better talent) and the kid is smart (Accounting major with a 4.0). He would take a few years but if you want a guy who might not get drafted or late this would be a nice move IMO.

Meanwhile, I think Devlin will be our second guy next year. I liked alot of what I saw of him in preseason.

Back
Top Bottom