Daytona 500 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daytona 500

brandon27

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Nascar makes its return on Sunday with the Daytona 500. Anyone have any predictions on who may win the biggest race of the year? Or even take it one step further... Who's going to win the championship?

For the 500... I'm picking Stewart... Championship... Im going to have to guess Stewart too. And no, im not a stewart fan. Just think he has the best chances this year.

I honestly think Jimmy Johnson could win it all again this year. I can see Stewart taking Daytona however, but of course I'm rooting for Edwards to have a comeback year and light it up on the track...:D

i think stewart will win the 500, and i think stewart will win the championship. im flyin down to daytona friday morning i cant wait. Go Jr, Stewart and Bowyer.

I'm going to go with Stewart in the 500 and Kenseth in the championship.

I had to sell my tickets for this weekend; sucks!

Havent watch Nascar in a LOOONG time but I have to pull for the Californian Jeff Gordan and David Gillard who btw went to the high school down street from my house. Western High, Anaheim same school as Tiger Woods.

I gotta go with Little E. I remember flying down to Orlando on Valentine's Day in 1998 to visit my fiance......Dale Senior won his only Daytona 500 that year. I couldn't believe how many NASCAR fans there were on the plane. I sure miss watching Dale....it just hasn't been the same since he died. :(

I gotta go with Little E. I remember flying down to Orlando on Valentine's Day in 1998 to visit my fiance......Dale Senior won his only Daytona 500 that year. I couldn't believe how many NASCAR fans there were on the plane. I sure miss watching Dale....it just hasn't been the same since he died. :(

I was definately not a Dale Earnhardt fan... I hated him actually... My initial reaction to his win that year, i was bitter... But watching him celebrate afterwards on the track, and when he got out of the car, I was rather happy for him. Now that he's gone... I do miss him around. I said this to people back when he died... as a nascar fan, regardless... everyone loved dale. he was loved by his fans, and those who werent his fans loved to hate him. Im sure most people are like me though if they hated him... they sure do miss him.

I'd like to see Brian Vickers do well since I think he got shafted in terms of equipment with Hendricks... Anybody notice throughout the history of the 25 car the driver always wins one or 2 races but is never as competive as Gordon and Johnson (and to a lesser extent the 5)? Schrader,Craven,Nadeau,Nemecheck, and Vickers. Coincidence?

I'd like to see Brian Vickers do well since I think he got shafted in terms of equipment with Hendricks... Anybody notice throughout the history of the 25 car the driver always wins one or 2 races but is never as competive as Gordon and Johnson (and to a lesser extent the 5)? Schrader,Craven,Nadeau,Nemecheck, and Vickers. Coincidence?

The #25 is the redheaded stepchild of the Hendrick stable. That's hardly news. They use it partly as a developmental/experimental car. That said, the 4th best equipment at Hendrick is still better than the top-of-the-line stuff pretty much anywhere but Roush and RCR. So, frankly, I think Vickers had nothing to complain about, and he's really going to see what third-rate stuff is this year.

I think Jeff Gordon wins at Daytona, but Tony Stewart takes the title this year. Missing the Chase last year, though it wasn't good at the time, really helped him get a head start on 2007.

FYI: Directv is having a free preview of their "Hot Pass" this weekend.

The #25 is the redheaded stepchild of the Hendrick stable. That's hardly news. They use it partly as a developmental/experimental car. That said, the 4th best equipment at Hendrick is still better than the top-of-the-line stuff pretty much anywhere but Roush and RCR. So, frankly, I think Vickers had nothing to complain about, and he's really going to see what third-rate stuff is this year.

I think Jeff Gordon wins at Daytona, but Tony Stewart takes the title this year. Missing the Chase last year, though it wasn't good at the time, really helped him get a head start on 2007.

I'm not saying he has anything to complain about but he was Ricky Hendrick's hand picked driver, and was pushed aside as soon as Kyle Busch came to the Cup.

I think as the year goes on the Toyota equipment will get better, but right now they're still learning. He could've got stuck with the Woods Brothers or McClure racing.

Thats going to be pretty tough now after yesterdays penalty. Starting 42nd, anything can happen back there. If he gets through the field before any big wrecks, then he definately has a chance. I totally disagree with that penalty yesterday though. Car passes pre-race inspection, part breaks during race causing car to be less than an inch too low therefore the car fails post race inspection. Nascar rules that there will be no fines, no suspensions, no point deductions because it was a problem that occurred with a shock mount during the race and it was unintentional... yet they penalize him anyways and he looses his 4th starting position, and has to start 42nd??? Something definately doesnt make sense there. Its unintentional, out of your control... but you get penalized for it? :confused: I agree with nailing guys for cheating... but come on... this is uncontrollable... and unintentional... why penalize? Its nobody's fault

Back
Top Bottom