De La Hoya admits adultery, suicidal thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

De La Hoya admits adultery, suicidal thoughts

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Former boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya says he has contemplated suicide and has been going to rehabilitation to treat drug and alcohol dependency.

In an interview with Spanish-language network Univision that aired Tuesday, De La Hoya said he has been sober for three months after hitting rock bottom over the past two years.

"Rock bottom was recently," De La Hoya said, according to an English-language transcript provided by the network. "Within a couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. I don't have the strength, I don't have the courage to take my own life but I was thinking about it."

De La Hoya says he has been sober for three months after undergoing treatment and joining Alcoholics Anonymous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/31/sports/main20099747.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.12

Last edited by a moderator:
Money can't buy love or happiness. Oscar is the latest proof of this.

**** that guy....only cowards think of suicide

I wouldnt say that. Have you ever had any friends or family that suffer from mental illness or depression? Id post a link here, but it was on my old computer that crashed. Basically it was about how most people that kill themselves do so in such a messed up mental state that they really cant logically think about the effect that their choice is going to have on their loved ones after they leave. There are some exceptions, but to say all people that think about it are cowards is a little misguided IMO.

I wouldnt say that. Have you ever had any friends or family that suffer from mental illness or depression? Id post a link here, but it was on my old computer that crashed. Basically it was about how most people that kill themselves do so in such a messed up mental state that they really cant logically think about the effect that their choice is going to have on their loved ones after they leave. There are some exceptions, but to say all people that think about it are cowards is a little misguided IMO.

I get your point but I that's how I feel about suicide. I get the point on not knowing the effect on their loved ones but they just took the easy way out in life. I don't agree with that.

Sorry but I can't feel sorry for a guy who has everything and throws it away.

Back
Top Bottom