Deal of the Month... explained... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deal of the Month... explained...

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Sorry that I haven't explained this new section to all of you since it pertains to money...

I'm currently working for Locker-Room Memorabilia, and my boss has connections with every major company (Steiner Sports, Case Works, etc). He is an up and coming business thus he is trying to find creative ways to make money. Once I learned about this, I jumped in and gave him the speil of FinHeaven... and he was attached.

He and I have some great plans for the site... he wants his business to grow and I want FinHeaven to become financially sound without donations (no offense... ;) ). So, he offered to work with me so we can help each other.

Here's what I've worked with him so far... and I'm sorry if some ideas are sketchy... but I'll be sure to let you know once they're finalized...

1. He's going to try and sign a few contracts with the Miami Dolphins. Basically, players have contracts with their agents and memorabila guys. Once a contract is signed, that player is "exclusive" to that representive for the length of the contract. What Emil (my boss's name) is going to do is find some up and coming stars... not first stringers because of the money, but like great 2nd stringers and potential 1st stringers. Once he has players, he's going to make FinHeaven exclusive to that athlete for many items. For example, we can get game used equipment (first touchdown ball, for example). And then sell it. In addition, we'll have the opportunity to interview the player (as in the contract the player must do x public appearances, FinHeaven will be one of those...). Emil and I agreed that all profits will be split 50/50. I'm personally VERY excited about this and NO OTHER fan site can pull this off.

2. Great deals on almost ANYTHING. The deal of the month is just one of those things. I can get almost anything at a great discount. The helmet, for example, costs us just $275 and the case is just $70. The best part is, I don't have to purchase the items until someone else purchases it! More importantly, I don't handle ANY of the shipping. I simply contact the supplier, and they do the shipping. All I get is a little statement saying that I owe them x amount of money. With the current Deal of the Month, for every set (helmet and case) I get $57 profit. Thus, selling just FIVE of these items more than COVERS hosting. Five... that's not a lot...

Other ideas for Deal of the Month includes... authentive jerseys... so far we can get them around $110. We're trying to get better prices, but that's it for right now. Almost ANYTHING else that Steiner Sports offers at a GREAT rate.

3. None deals of the month is coming soon. Items like cases, etc will be up soon. Cases is what I can get perhaps the most money on... a typical football case that you can buy for $60 I can get for $20. If I sell them for $40... that $10 my way. Surely it's not a lot... but look at it this way. If someone were to purchase that item from Football Fanatics (the current official store) I would just get $6... Additionally, I believe that since I'm offering the product at a lower cost, more people are willing to buy.
----

So what does this mean for FinHeaven? Well, hopefully this means that we can start making some good money. In my opinion, the future is looking very bright. Emil and I are working very hard on the same goal: to make our business LARGER.

In conclusion, if you have any ideas for future Deals of the Months, please let me know. Furthermore, if you are interested in ANY deal of the month, contact me and I'll give a special price break...

Thank you once again for all your help and support! If you have any questions, please ask!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Damn....

I just bid on Ebay for a pewter liscense plate from "Hammerhead accessories".

Can he get that stuff? It's awesome stuff. Check this out. Retails for 39.95!
0c_1_bJPG-1.jpg

They have other items like trailer hitch covers of the same quality like this trailer hitch cover.
clear.gif

He may be able to get that stuff...

The only thing is that I need to create a demand for it. I mean, it's cool that you want that stuff... but I can't ask him to call up his people and pull strings for one item.

Nonetheless, I'll ask him today about that stuff...

FinHeavenAJ said:
He may be able to get that stuff...

The only thing is that I need to create a demand for it. I mean, it's cool that you want that stuff... but I can't ask him to call up his people and pull strings for one item.

Nonetheless, I'll ask him today about that stuff...

I won the auction. :lol:

You might try a lessor expense novelty or novelties that create some demand. I mean the first lesson in business is that you have to get them in the door. With so many threads to be viewing the site may have already alienated some from checking on the "Deal of the month" with a $350 item (seemingly) setting the standard.

I think these products are fairly new. It's quality stuff. It would seem to be a good place to start.

They have a full line of product selection (college, racing, nfl, MLB) and at a retail of $39.95 for hitch covers and tags there has to be a high profit margin.

logohitch1-1.jpg

logohitch2-1.jpg

As a bonus....ALL (non-dolfans) members could benefit. These items are just a suggestion....eerrrr....uuhhhh....

Maybe something else would better suit the wholesale cost and subsequent sale but I would make the next "deal of the month" a little less costly.

Back
Top Bottom