Defensive Backs - who makes the team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Backs - who makes the team?

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I think we have decent competition at corner. I am very curious to watch these guys in the pre-season games, so let's see what happens.

Boundary Corners
Max (lock)
X (lock)
Lippett (great chance, has experience)

Slot
McCain (I am betting he's still back)

Swiss army knife
Michael Thomas (I think he makes it)

Special teams standout
Aikens

Safety
Jones
Allen

So, that's eight guys I think have a great shot to be on the 53. We may have 2-3 spots left. I won't be shocked if we keep 11 DB's because Aikens may need a spot for specials. Who makes those last two or three?

Tankersley (3rd round pick, I think he makes it)
Jordan Lucas, I would rent, not buy
Lafayette Pitts, I have had hopes for him. Let's see how he does.
Alterraun Verner -experienced guy, can give a hedge for slot but also can get on boundary
TJ McDonald will need a spot later, but you have to figure someone gets hurt later.

I am going to guess Tank, Verner, and Pitts are the last three. The problem is that is 7 corners, 3 safeties, and Aikens (theoretically a corner).

I'm looking to see how Pitts plays. He had a good preseason last year and got activated late in the year for specials, could be a good slot option to have as the 5th db.

This is a big year to see what the team actually has. I think there's some really good young talent and some nice battles going on. I think Tankersley makes it. It really is going to come down to special teams and who can give Miami the best value there. For that reason, Aiken likely makes it as well.

Tank is a lock. McCain better watch Verner who might take his spot. Pitts would be a good option for backup slot but so would Mctyer, that may be a battle to make the team. Hendy is an option for safety

Back
Top Bottom