Defensive Tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle

dadecounty3051

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is one position people arent really talking about to draft. We need a dominant nose tackle for our 3-4 defense. By getting one our linebackers automatically become better... Our rush would be dominant... Basically the nose tackle is sort of the running back of the middle linebacker... Is sort of the guy that makes it a much better to play defense

Solia actually played really well last game..He was flying around making plays.

A Nt making the linebackers better is kind of a cliche tho.

Its not like teams are ripping off huge runs on us..Solai and co are doing their job in the run game at least.

Problem is, Soliai is a free agent during the off season. We would have to try and convince him to stay.

Yea solai is a free agent n im pretty sure he wont resign.... That being said he is an average NT bc he can be average against the run bt what a NT does with a 3-4 defense takes blockers off of the linebackers so they can get pressure n get to the qb... N he doesnt do that... He is always left one on one

we won't be in position to get ta'amu - but dontari poe is a possibility. 6'5" - 350 lbs - we'll probably need to use a 2nd rounder on him, but we might need to depending on what happens with big paul. soliai's played like *** this year - we should be able to re-sign him to a reasonable contract and not worry about NT until late like we did with kearse. we can draft someone like jean-baptiste in the 7th round and watch another team claim him off waivers ... the circle of life.

Holy crap 6'5" 350 thats a big boy.. I would like a 6'2 to 6'3 NT just bc he gets under the pads n can collapse the pocket... Bt i wouldnt mind draftin that guy...

Dontari Poe of Memphis is a beast....I would take him in Round 3. He is probably the strongest guy in college ball.

This guy right here:

He's playing the 3-tech here vs. Alabama and is a one man wrecking crew. Shooting gaps before we can fill the gaps when we pull linemen trying to run power.... and destroying double teams with his strength and leverage. Just dominant. Watched him absolutely destroy Illinois this past Saturday.

[video=youtube;nhdjJ8L26OI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhdjJ8L26OI[/video]

Cue the reaction of someone who says that Penn State DTs never pan out, e.g. Jared Odrick.

Well the dolphins did pass on Dez Bryant for Odrick and Misi, and we are getting very little production out of them. Currently its been a mistake to pass on my Bryant for those two. And getting no production out of our first two picks last year really hurts along with no production out of phillip merling.
As of right now they are wasted picks, they cant replace McDaniel and Randy Starks. And Starks and McDaniel are not getting much production.

Back
Top Bottom