Defensive Tackle! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle!

No. Odrick would slide over alongside Soliai. Lotuleilei looks like a great player but honestly, taking a DT at 12 (or even trading up for one!) seems like a bit of a luxury type pick for a team with holes the size of the Grand Canyon that need to be filled.

Question for you, though. If you are advocating trading up for a DT, why not just re-sign Starks at that point? It would cost less.

What happens next year if soliai takes a deal with a different team?

Coyle said in an online article i read, hes not sure odricks best position is dt.... its not a foregone conclusion that odrick just slides inside... i need to find that article

stars not getting there...the smart play for miami if we lose starks would be kick odrick inside and draft a de with a high pick...if not the top one...someone to compete with shelby and vernon and in a rotation...that's what i would do...shelby is already proving to be a solid run defender in a rotation...we need more pass rush impact off the edge

I don't think he makes it out of the top 25, but Okafor is an interesting guy, and I think he'd do well opposite Wake. Good frame. Good athlete. Makes plays. Can speed or power rush. Has a pretty solid grasp on leverage. I wouldn't hate him at 12, but there are guys I'd prefer.

At this point, I'm for adding elite talent at all positions. I absolutely wouldn't mind Lotulelei at #12 if the board comes out that way. Teams get in trouble when they start drafting for need in the top 2 rounds. I take talent every time. Lotulelei and Solai up front not only improves an already stout run defense, but also the inside pass rush. Better pass rush = Better coverage on the back end.

If I were to guess where Ireland is going with the 1st round pick, it would be best available between DE and CB. WR shouldn't even be a consideration at #12.

Back
Top Bottom