Denver's Quentin Griffin.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver's Quentin Griffin....

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
...is what Miami fans should hope Travis Minor will look like....

For all the people saying that Minor is too small...look at the comparisons....

Griffin - 5'7'', 195
Minor - 5'10'',205

Im not just basing this on what im seeing tonight (i am seeing good things) but I remember him being a quality backup to Portis and filling in effectively for Clinton.....

And The Broncos brash thought he could fill in nicely....lets hope the O-line can step up and block just as good as the Broncos :(

Why is the comparison for Griffin and not Portis himself?

Clinton Portis = 5'11", 205 lbs
Travis Minor = 5'10", 205 lbs

If there is a comparison for Quentin Griffin, it is Fred Russell.

Quentin Griffin = 5'7", 195 lbs
Fred Russell = 5'7", 191 lbs

There isn't a whole lot that separates Portis and Minor skill wise. The only difference is that Portis has had the opportunity to be the man, whereas Minor has been buried behind Ricky Williams.

Yeah, Griffin has looked pretty decent so far.

Hey, are ANY of the Phins games gonna be shown?

When they started, I was like " ohh man imagine if the Phins were playin, life would be good. " I JUST GOTTA SEE THEM!

I think Portis is faster than Minor, so he can hit the holes faster and can break one at any time.

But yeah, hopefully Minor can be a pretty good RB for us.

I don't mean to highjack this thread.. but it's better than starting another.

SO... anyone still wanna bring in Anderson? :roflmao:

:evil:

I think Portis like Minor wouldn't exactly be able to hold up like Ricky did if we have the same crappy o-line. Denver contributed to Portis' homerun hitting runs.

DanMarino13 said:
I think Portis is faster than Minor, so he can hit the holes faster and can break one at any time.

But yeah, hopefully Minor can be a pretty good RB for us.

Actually, they are pretty much the same on speed. When Travis came out of Florida State, he was clocked at 4.44 seconds in the forty. When Clinton came out of Miami, he was clocked at 4.42 seconds in the forty. Not a nickle's worth a difference there.

I think one difference is that Clinton may have stronger legs. It's hard to guage this without seeing how much the two players can squat, but Clinton had a 39" vertical compared to Travis's 32" vertical.

Other than that, there isn't a lot separating the two. Clinton may have a bit more power and explosion in his legs, but they are almost identical in every other aspect.

Travis may not match Clinton's 1,500+ yards that he has gained in each of his first two seasons, but I see no reason that Travis can't gain 1,300 yards on around 290 carries. That's only 4.5 yards per rush.

finfanatic99 said:
He looks like a very promising RB. hes very quick. I hope the dolphins will be as fortunate w/ our line up.
Promising?

From NFL.com
Height: 6-0
Weight: 230
Born: 09/21/1973
College: Utah
He's gonna be 31 this year. I don't think he's going to get much better than he is now.

I like the young guys we have, they, at least, can get better.

EDIT: Ah crap, you were probably talking about Griffin and not replying to me. :lol: Sorry about that. I was refering to the ones that wanted to trade for Anderson.

blingbling2334 said:
I think Portis like Minor wouldn't exactly be able to hold up like Ricky did if we have the same crappy o-line. Denver contributed to Portis' homerun hitting runs.

The difference between backs like Terrell and Clinton in that Denver system and backs like Olandis and Mike is that Terrell and Clinton were 1,500+ yard guys where the other two were more 1,000 to 1,200 yard guys.

There aren't many backs in the league that can handle the type of load that Ricky carried in Miami. Neither Clinton Portis nor Travis Minor are built to carry that type of load, but that does not mean they are not feature runners.

KBISBACK said:
Why is the comparison for Griffin and not Portis himself?

Clinton Portis = 5'11", 205 lbs
Travis Minor = 5'10", 205 lbs

If there is a comparison for Quentin Griffin, it is Fred Russell.

Quentin Griffin = 5'7", 195 lbs
Fred Russell = 5'7", 191 lbs

There isn't a whole lot that separates Portis and Minor skill wise. The only difference is that Portis has had the opportunity to be the man, whereas Minor has been buried behind Ricky Williams.

this is what i was thinking.

Is anybody watching Sean Taylor? He already has 2 picks (1 for a TD). He's going to be a force in the NFL.

Oh and to stay on topic...the first thing I thought of when I saw Griffin was..Fred Russell

Noodle Arm said:
Is anybody watching Sean Taylor? He already has 2 picks (1 for a TD). He's going to be a force in the NFL.
Yeah, he's showing why he was the #5 pick. There were reports that he was struggling in camp, but it looks like he's starting to get it together..

Back
Top Bottom