Denver's Quentin Griffin.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver's Quentin Griffin....

KBISBACK said:
Why is the comparison for Griffin and not Portis himself?

Clinton Portis = 5'11", 205 lbs
Travis Minor = 5'10", 205 lbs

If there is a comparison for Quentin Griffin, it is Fred Russell.

Quentin Griffin = 5'7", 195 lbs
Fred Russell = 5'7", 191 lbs

There isn't a whole lot that separates Portis and Minor skill wise. The only difference is that Portis has had the opportunity to be the man, whereas Minor has been buried behind Ricky Williams.

Have you changed your mind about Minor? I made the similar size comparison between he and Portis a while back on dolfantalk and you said they were much different body types, with Portis carrying much more muscle mass in his lower unit, so that it wasn't a good comparison. Or words to that affect. It appears you opinions of Minor have him in a higher regard now.

MrClean said:
Have you changed your mind about Minor? I made the similar size comparison between he and Portis a while back on dolfantalk and you said they were much different body types, with Portis carrying much more muscle mass in his lower unit, so that it wasn't a good comparison. Or words to that affect. It appears you opinions of Minor have him in a higher regard now.

Yeah. I changed my mind. The more I thought about it, the more I looked at the numbers. The more I looked at the numbers, the more I decided that Minor could be similar to Portis.

I like Minor.....throw Sammy in there in goal line situations....but i like Minor.....although...this whole season depends on the QB position and that could be scary.

there are so many backs who have the size of minor, but very few with Griffin/Russell's size. One of the reasons Russell and Griffin are successful is because of their size. They're small enough to hide behind the 6'6, 6'7 lineman, whereas Travis Minor is too tall for that. I understand that 5'10" and ~200 is still 'undersized', but it's not small enough to take advantage of the way Fred and Quentin can. Watching griffin last year i immediately thought of Fred Russell, and he will produce, assuming wanny gives him the rock.

Also, Fred did something like 19 reps of 225 pounds at the combine, and his thighs are the size of a child's waist. They're huge. He's got the legs to drive through tackles, and the arms to hang on to the ball. The durability has already been proven. I'm waiting for the downside.

LIQUID24 said:
Yeah, he's showing why he was the #5 pick. There were reports that he was struggling in camp, but it looks like he's starting to get it together..
:eek: Holy He|l that guy is a beast! He looks like a freakin LB running around out there with a CB's speed. If he becomoes mentally sound, he could be one of the greatest ever.

Anyways...I too like our RB situation. I agree he could be alot like Portis, but what i have seen, Portis is a little stronger. I doubt Minor will ever be as god as Portis(but we can hope), but a 1300 yd+ season is certainly not out of reach. But i dont think hell be a 4.5 ypc runner like someone said, but i would think around 4 would be sufficent.

Back
Top Bottom