Derek Fisher to Seattle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derek Fisher to Seattle?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/181702_sonx12.html

The Sonics' pursuit of Derek Fisher lacks the drama of Fisher's miracle last-second shot against the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA playoffs.

But with only two days until teams can start signing free agents, the Sonics are thought to be making a push for the Lakers' unrestricted free-agent point guard. Fisher, 6 feet 1, was scheduled to visit Seattle this weekend. It is believed that he was in town yesterday. Free agents can begin signing contracts on Wednesday.

This makes me happy...as I am 100% against giving Fisher the full MLE or most of it. I'd rather spread it out with Damon Jones and someone like Rodney White or Mo'Pete, or use it to gamble on a RFA like Etan Thomas(we have no shot at Stro).

Theres alot of talk about him going to houston, but with gary payton getting out of LA. He probably has a starting job set there.

I bet he stays a laker..

If he's smart, he'll go to Houston. Ming & T-Mac will be the best duo in the NBA this year, and I'm saying this as a HEAT fan(I think Shaq/Wade will be a close 2nd). Fisher would be a role player along with guys like Juwan Howard & Jim Jackson.

Fisher, T-Mac, Jackson, Howard, & Ming? They'd be definate contenders.

Fisher won't go to Miami anyway. He wouldn't be a starter and that is what he wants. Seattle gives him that shot, Houston gives him that shot. I think he wants to stya in L.A. but only if he gets the starting psot. He is a great complement to Kobe's style. While he is a PG, he is almost playing the role of th eShooting guard and Kobe the PG. Kobe will drive to the hoop and dish out if needed to Fish who shoots the set jumpers and whatnot. If Payton is cut or shipped out, I almost guarentee Fish stays where he should rightfully be, L.A.

bobdroopy said:
<------ big rocket fan

As a Laker fan, I want to say thank you in advance for getting Yao ready for dominance in a couple of years so he can step right in and help L.A. back to the promised land. :evil: :D

Samphin said:
As a Laker fan, I want to say thank you in advance for getting Yao ready for dominance in a couple of years so he can step right in and help L.A. back to the promised land. :evil: :D

ha, you wish :)

Back
Top Bottom