DeVante Parker is really bad at Yards After Catch. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker is really bad at Yards After Catch.

Our friend Hayden Fox hated the pick, said Parker wouldn’t get separation in the NFL. His prediction looks as good as the 16 year old the board ridiculed for stating Dion Jordan was a bad pick. Don’t know why the board always ridicules the naysayers. When it comes to this team they’re always right.

No one was predicting Jordan’s substance abuse. That was unforeseen. His athletic talent is unreal. The Seahawks will now benefit. Parker is still young. Want to see him next year with Tanny.

Parker is just not a tough, competitive kid.

Miami ought to think long and hard before they let Landry go. For all his shortcomings, he’s got all the attributes Parker lacks. Figure out a way to make it work with him. Or else we can bring back Brandon London, Marlon Moore, and Bobby “ankle weights” Wallace. This fan base knows how hard it was to get competent receivers in here.

Parker looks like an alpha WR, but he doesn't play like one. Which is basically the opposite of Jarvis.

I want to see how he looks with Ryan at QB next year, but right now he continues to be another disappointment on this team.

Prior to today Parker had more yards after catch than Stills. Parker will be fine, his yards after catch have a lot to do with how he's used and ball placement. He's not going to give you many yards on those hitch passes and on shallow crossing routes he's going to be limited too. Put him in an offense where the qb has the time and ability to push the ball down field.
Best quote in this thread so far.

We have backup trash qbs and saying Parker sucks? Lol at this forum. He had a bad game get over it. This team isn’t going no where. Get tannehill healthy and move on

Parker had Tannehill pre injury and a much better O-line last year and he still wasn’t spectacular. But I guess we can blame that on him “not being 100%”? This dude doesn’t have “it”.

OK name the top 5 WRs in the game in your opinion and what elite traits they have that makes them great; then tell me what WRs traits DVP is lacking compared to them ?

OK name the top 5 WRs in the game in your opinion and what elite traits they have that makes them great; then tell me what WRs traits DVP is lacking compared to them ?
You can name your own top 5 WRs. We both know who they are.

Those Top WRs:

Make plays on balls not thrown in their direction. These are the poorly thrown balls that’s either behind them or they gotta come back for. No one calls the QBs out on these bad throws that get caught cause the WRs are making them look good.

Separation. Again the Top WRs shake the defenders away from them in tight coverage.

Good footwork. Top WRs usually end their routes at the same time the ball is hitting their hands

Good vision: they know the down and yardage needed and they know how deep to run their routes. Whether it’s on the sidelines or across the middle.

I don’t see these things from Parker consistently.

You can name your own top 5 WRs. We both know who they are.

Those Top WRs:

Make plays on balls not thrown in their direction. These are the poorly thrown balls that’s either behind them or they gotta come back for. No one calls the QBs out on these bad throws that get caught cause the WRs are making them look good.

Separation. Again the Top WRs shake the defenders away from them in tight coverage.

Good footwork. Top WRs usually end their routes at the same time the ball is hitting their hands

Good vision: they know the down and yardage needed and they know how deep to run their routes. Whether it’s on the sidelines or across the middle.

I don’t see these things from Parker consistently.

Separation, good footwork, catching badly thrown balls those are things that DVP excels at; I think you should start watching more games around the NFL so u can gain better perspective on what WR talent is.

Since his rookie year DVP has some plays under his belt even that even the current top 3 WRs can't make, so I don't understand what your seeing, DVP was on pace for a 1200 yard season before the injury and he was getting less then 9 targets a game during that stretch.

I think Miami has several players, Parker included, whose game would look a lot different out side of Miami. I think some of the issues the Dolphins have had this year and previous years have hurt Parker more than Parker has hurt the Dolphins. There are people who want Parker and others gone, but trust me if that day comes soon there's a good chance it will be to Parker's benefit. If he goes to a team with solid qb play people will regret him leaving.

Back
Top Bottom