Dick Jauron Fired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dick Jauron Fired

If you want my two cents (rhetorical I am not looking for an answer to that), I think the ownership is trying to run the whole Bills Françoise right out of Buffalo into Toronto to be honest.

There is no competition right now. Plus Holmgren came out for some reason and said he wants to be in the East, then he bashed the Redskins. Then Vic Carucci from NFL.com said this week the Bills are going to hire a big name Coach/GM.

Holmgren just happens to be a former GM/coach. Its all coming together.

Vic Carucci is about as reliable as the some of our local beat writers...

no way Shanahan or Holmgren jump into that job before the season is over.

He will be missed by all Fin fans. Hopefully they hire someone equally as incompetent as him.

There is no competition right now. Plus Holmgren came out for some reason and said he wants to be in the East, then he bashed the Redskins. Then Vic Carucci from NFL.com said this week the Bills are going to hire a big name Coach/GM.

Holmgren just happens to be a former GM/coach. Its all coming together.

but Holmgren's best years in Seattle were after they stripped him of his GM duties. Look at the drafts he was in charge of in Seattle

Year 1999

RD 1 - Lamar King DE
RD 3 - Brock Huard
RD 3 - Karsten Bailey
RD 4 - Antonio Cochran
RD 5 - Floyd Wedderburn
RD 5 - Charlie Rogers
RD 6 - Steve Johnson

Year 2000

RD 1 - Shaun Alexander
RD 1 - Chris McIntosh
RD 2 - Ike Charlton
RD 3 - Darrell Jackson
RD 4 - Marcus Bell
RD 4 - Isiah Kacyvenski
RD 6 - James Williams
RD 6 - Tim Watson
RD 6 - John Hilliard

Year 2001

RD 1 - Koren Robinson
RD 1 - Steve Hutchinson
RD 2 - Ken Lucas
RD 3 - Heath Evans
RD 4 - Orlando Huff
RD 4 - Curtis Fuller
RD 4 - Floyd Womack
RD 5 - Alex Bannister
RD 6 - Josh Booty
RD 7 - Harold Blackmon
RD 7 - Dennis Norman
RD 7 Kris Kocurek

Year 2002

RD 1 - Jeremy Stevens
RD 2 - Maurice Morris
RD 2- Anton Palepoi
RD 3 - Kris Richard
RD 4 - Terreal Bierra
RD 5 - Rocky Bernard
RD 5 - Ryan Hannam
RD 5 - Matt Hill
RD 6 - Craig Jarrett
RD 7 - Jeff Kelly

only 5 consinstently productive players for Seattle; Shaun Alexander, Steve Hutchinson, Rocky Bernard, Darrell Jackson, and Ken Lucas. Koren Robinson was ok but dropped a lot of passes and had alcohol problems.

They also weren't really active in FA. In fact, he let some very productive players walk (Sam Adams, Phillip Daniels, Jon Kitna, and Pete Kendall). The only productive FA moves he made were Bobby Engram, Reggie Toebeck, and Jon Randle for a couple years. He didn't make a lot of trades, but one was trading a young Ahman Green for Fred Vinson.

Holmgren's biggest blunders were his inability to get a good defense. The defense Seattle ended up getting was built mainly through Bob Ferguson and Tim Ruskell through the draft (Brandon Mebane, Darryl Tapp, Marcus Trufant, Ken Hamlin, LeRoy Hill, and Lofa Tatupu) and free agency (Bryce Fisher, Grant Winstrom, Patrick Kerney, Julian Peterson, Deon Grant).

Shanahan is just as bad if not worst as a GM. Both are great offensive minds still, but they need GMs ahead of them. Shanahan has had some of the worse drafts for Denver this decade (some good players, but some bad misses).

Also, I dunno if the Bills have the right personel to run the West Coast offense.

I don't take pleasure in another persons demise and I thought Dick was a lot nicer guy than Rex. I hope the best for the Bills coach and I hope they don't get someone who will rip us up. Go Fins

What the???? They named the former lead singer of Jane's Addiction as their interim head coach...Perry Fewell. :lol::lol::lol:

Vic Carucci is about as reliable as the some of our local beat writers...

no way Shanahan or Holmgren jump into that job before the season is over.
Carucci is closer to the Bills then any other team.

Either one really doesn't bother me. Shanahan is a great coach, but he's horrid at drafting players, especially on the defensive side. Holmgren has even worse of a track record. IMO he was a benefit of Favre.

At least it's not us anymore.

Both Shanahan and Holmgren are living off past laurels; Holmgren heyday had Ron Wolf buying the groceries and The Drama Queen delivering them. Shanahan still probably knows offense but either undervalues or doesn't fully understand the defensive component. Facing him would be a problem if he had an effective autonomous DC like a Greg Williams or Mike Nolan. IMO, of the available "HC Mt Rushmores" only Cowher still remains the real deal who left on top of his game. As far as being the team czar making Parcells like decisions, I don't fear any of those 3.

Back
Top Bottom