Did anyone here participate in the fan feedback for Sun Life? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone here participate in the fan feedback for Sun Life?

dkenned1

Dan Marino
Reaction score
During the whole Jets t-shirt fiasco they said that when they met with fans that they voiced their opinion about certain issues pertaining to game day and building a stronger home field advantage.

Did anyone participate in this?

My top gripes:
1. BRING BACK THE FIGHT SONG.
a. Play Jimmy Buffett for touchdowns if you have to, but play our fight song for PAT & FG's! I think now they only play it after the 3rd qtr

2. FINS UP! This has to go, its absolutely awful. I do like how they have the celebs like Daniel Tosh on the jumbotron but please figure out something else to get the crowd going. How about scream like the hurricane warning siren? FINS UP IS DUMB, JUST PLAIN DUMB. Fans who sit close to it just to get on the Jumbotron, but we think its dumb too.

3. In the pro shop, why cant you have it like the NHL where you can go in and have them make you a jersey with any number, any name, any patches the club might have that year etc? Why is that?

4. Why on earth do you have on field equipment like warm ups and fleece that all the NFL teams have but you dont sell it to the general public? for instance the blue tech fleece by reebok, or game cut jerseys, helmet emblems, or the NFL Equipment gray fleece (Yes I know they brought the hoody back but where are the pants you fools??)

5. MORE HURRICANE WARNING SIREN. Right now they play it in the beginning but they should use it more often, its awesome and gets the place rocking

Anyone else have any gripes?

I think the SIREN is very cool. They should play it to open the fourth quarter and two minute warning!

Siren is a great thing. They should sound that any time Miami starts to get something going, such as an INT, FUMBLE RECOVERY, SACK, etc.

I like the Jimmy Buffett song. I would use that for every touchdown. The Fight Song is for the long time fans. It is nostalgic. It's classic. Play it before the game, half time, and after the game IF... Miami wins the game.

If they're going to keep the song they should only playing it while winning and/or when we take the lead. The song is ridiculous, but fantastic when piss drunk. How about we get moving on getting those seats a little closer..?

I never really post here, only lurk and read. Kind of mad I wasn't able to submit feedback but im glad theres a topic on this. I think the game day experience at the stadium SUCKS. Its a huge problem and people seem to ignore it.

Ever since we changed to this whole Jimmy Buffet theme its been bad. The whole laid back Florida Keys thing isn't for football. Dont get me wrong I grew up here in south Florida, love that whole scene and Jimmy but its not for a game. I wanna be pumped up during the game, ready to knock someones head off after we score a big touchdown (or field goal). We just scored a touchdown for pete sake, get me pumped! Give me the fight song (not the T-Pain version) and some AC/DC or Metallica.

Instead they crank that fins to the left and right song and im ashamed of people around me waiving their hands over their heads like a buffoon. I DONT want to be waiving my hand above my head like a 2 year old after Henne completes a dump pass. They try to force this new hand signal and celebrities down your throat meanwhile the fans of opposing team are mocking us about it.

Its honestly embarrassing and to the point where I rather just stay home and watch from the comfort of my home. And dont get me started on the whole club LIV thing. Its as Stu Gotz would say a 'dog and pony show' that they have going on out there. I long for the days of our stadium being rocking, our D dancing to JT Money and getting fired up. It used to be fun and go root on my team from beginning to end, win or lose. Now I feel like its a burden to go out to that house of horrors. I may be crazy but thats just my 2 cents. :crazy:

I never really post here, only lurk and read. Kind of mad I wasn't able to submit feedback but im glad theres a topic on this. I think the game day experience at the stadium SUCKS. Its a huge problem and people seem to ignore it.

Ever since we changed to this whole Jimmy Buffet theme its been bad. The whole laid back Florida Keys thing isn't for football. Dont get me wrong I grew up here in south Florida, love that whole scene and Jimmy but its not for a game. I wanna be pumped up during the game, ready to knock someones head off after we score a big touchdown (or field goal). We just scored a touchdown for pete sake, get me pumped! Give me the fight song (not the T-Pain version) and some AC/DC or Metallica.

Instead they crank that fins to the left and right song and im ashamed of people around me waiving their hands over their heads like a buffoon. I DONT want to be waiving my hand above my head like a 2 year old after Henne completes a dump pass. They try to force this new hand signal and celebrities down your throat meanwhile the fans of opposing team are mocking us about it.

Its honestly embarrassing and to the point where I rather just stay home and watch from the comfort of my home. And dont get me started on the whole club LIV thing. Its as Stu Gotz would say a 'dog and pony show' that they have going on out there. I long for the days of our stadium being rocking, our D dancing to JT Money and getting fired up. It used to be fun and go root on my team from beginning to end, win or lose. Now I feel like its a burden to go out to that house of horrors. I may be crazy but thats just my 2 cents. :crazy:

Could not have said it better myself. The Dolphins marketing people just DON'T GET IT. You go to football games to feel an adrenaline rush, not to be put to sleep by a queer a$$ Fins Up song. I bet that lame music and atmosphere affects the players also. They need to hear stuff to get them juiced. The wrong type of energy in the stadium can have a negative affect on the team. The marketing people seem to have mastered the art of giving the stadium a Disney World feel instead of an NFL football "Feel the Power" vibe. BIG MISTAKE Dolphins. You guys JUST DON'T GET IT!

Back
Top Bottom