Dime defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dime defense

Yeah I got to give the D a small pass because they were on the field so much in that hot weather. Offense did nothing to help them out

Jets have scored 12,20, and 20 points this season, and those other teams at home actually scored points against them, our offense essentially gave the finger to our D. so yeah defense was far from the main issue.

I was surprised to hear the raiders offense was far worse than ours yesterday (didnt realize possible), NFL can be so unpredictable, which is why i wont jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon just yet.

I'm not a fan of it unless its 3rd and 15 or the offense is playing without a TE or is going empty backfield. I am a fan of having Hull off the field during obvious passing downs though.

Sucks when your only options are all bad. Losing our two best coverage LBs and a CB was devestating.

I personally don't think our D was that bad. The problem is the offense didn't help at all. The time of possession says it all. We need to make more plays in the Red Zone!!

Time of Possession 23:52 - Miami
Time of Possession 36:08 - Jet

Dime doesn't mean you give up the underneath. Dime just means you have 6 DBs. You can play a safety in Hulls spot and it would be a dime defense. Green Bay does this, New England does this, KC shut down Gronk doing this, Dallas is doing this right now. You can run the same blitzes and coverages. All you are giving up is the run defense and if you are playing Harris at DT you are already compromised on run defense.

Every team has a dime package actually and could just as easily have 4 CB's out there. It's not limited to the Packers or Patriots or whoever. And you are getting hung up on the number of DBs on the field. The dime is much more than just a position count in game. It's what those players do in the current situation, and I can tell you they aren't rushing the passer.

Despite the many, many opportunities the Jets had to score we are still ranked 6th in PA. Defense is getting too much of a bad rap IMO
Like total points? Or ppg? Since Miami has only played 2 games. And didn’t Gase say last year that this defense is built to play with a lead? Only lead the defense has played with is 3-0 and 19-17 for a total of about 5 mins or so.

Every team has a dime package actually and could just as easily have 4 CB's out there. It's not limited to the Packers or Patriots or whoever. And you are getting hung up on the number of DBs on the field. The dime is much more than just a position count in game. It's what those players do in the current situation, and I can tell you they aren't rushing the passer.

If we have a dime package we sure don't show it, seeing as Hull has played every snap but 1 and Kiko has played every snap. Last year we only used more than 5 dbs like 1% of the time most likely just prevent defense.

McDonald and Jones are better than Kiko or Hull at everything except taking on linemen in the running game. Having 1 linebacker 3 CBS and 3 safeties would give us more flexibility in play call on obvious passing downs because we wouldn't have to hide hull or let him get torn apart in coverage.

Back
Top Bottom