DO THIS NOW!!! Sign OGUN and.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DO THIS NOW!!! Sign OGUN and....

Dolphins12thMan

Tailgate Central (E12 Orange Camry Zone)
Reaction score
Yes, I admit before I said trade Ogun, but after thinking about the situation more in depth, Defense is going to be more important this year than ever. Now with more cap room, we can definitly sign Ogun, to a long term deal, this needs to get done.
Next, Minnesotas biggest weekness is defense...now Ill be honest I havnt looked at their cap #, but my proposed trade would package Madison and Greenwood for either O Smith or M Bennett and possibly a top 3 pick, and another player to help even out the cap numbers.
I believe that both teams would greatly benefit from this deal.
Minne would have a top NFC secondary and they are very weak at linebacker.
This would open the door for Eddie Moore to step in the beginning of camp as the starter and greatly boost his confidence for the season.
Any thoughts

Go Dolphins!!!

By the way, after playing NL 2K5 all day, I restored my confidence about the season, J'Ville here we come!

Dolphins12thMan said:
By the way, after playing NL 2K5 all day, I restored my confidence about the season, J'Ville here we come!
:lol:

Nice

I just feel that we need to see a little, no something at all out of Eddie Moore before we consider him a replacement for Morlon Greenwood. Preliminary talk has Greenwood playing inside linebacker instead of Seau in ZT's stead this preseason. That makes him pretty important right now. With ZT's knee a little wobbly we need to keep some depth at LB. I think more so than at CB or DE even.

Agree, but there is a positive, there is alot of depth on the roster right now a LB, unproven depth, but depth. The good thing is you never know who might emerge during camp, and teams at some point must cut down to 53.

And I agree that the team will be looking hard for that talent when camp starts. But for now the players we have behind our three starters (especially since losing Hendricks) are just too unproven at this time to consider trades. I really believe we have far more proven depth at DE than anyplace else right now. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom