Do we need insurance for Ricky ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need insurance for Ricky ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins' officials may eventually consider signing one of the available free agent running backs as insurance. The list of available backs includes former starters James Stewart (Lions), Troy Hambrick (Cowboys), Stacey Mack (Texans), and Antowain Smith (Bills).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-afinemess&prov=fanball&type=fantasy

I would still work w/Minor, Henry and Sam Morris if the worst came true and Ricky had another failed test, but what do u think ?

Your kidding right??? please tell me you are because this is ridicuilous the thought of it has;ntr even crossed my mind he will pass and if he doestn (i will admit to it and never talk on this board again)

Personally, I think between Minor and Henry we could get the job done, if somethink were to stop Ricky from playing.

Not that it will happen but we got that other kid via undrafted free agency. Can't think of his name but I liked him in college.

Ricky isn't even facing a suspension. We don't need insurance for Ricky, he won't miss any games due to this and I think we have some fine backups if he misses any time for another reason.

iceblizzard69 said:
Ricky isn't even facing a suspension. We don't need insurance for Ricky, he won't miss any games due to this and I think we have some fine backups if he misses any time for another reason.
I agree.

Unless of course he is subjected to random drug testing. If that is the case then of course we could use some insurance, I'm not sure Minor can carry a heavy load. (20-25 carries per game)

Even if suspension was the case Minor is better than any of the players on that list

bigmiamifan said:
Not that it will happen but we got that other kid via undrafted free agency. Can't think of his name but I liked him in college.

I think his name is Fred Russell from Iowa. He has supposedly been impressive. We dont need any of those scrubs mentioned- Minor, Henry, Morris and Russell would be good enough for 4 games if he tested positive a third time. But I doubt that will happen and if he stays clean for 2 years he will be back to stage 1 of the NFL drug policy.

Everbody has to remember that Russell hasnt put on the pads yet and hasnt proved anything yet.

ricky insurance?

get real. he wont get suspended.

but i will say that i agree that fred "subtle hustle" russell will be awesome when he pads up

ii

If Ricky is so out of control that he tests positive again and gets a 4 game suspension, it's panic time because there would be no reason to believe that he won't test positive time number 4 and be out for a year.

I really don't think there is anything to worry about, though. I'm not sure what is going on, but I trust that Ricky is a smart enough guy to not throw a good thing away. If he doesn't win the appeal, he has thrown away a huge amount of money. Surely, that will be a nasty reminder of just how serious this is.

Pure speculation by a writer.

But as to the topic, no.....I don't think we need insurance. I'd like to see Henry or Minor get a shot if Ricky wasn't available.

I dont know guys im all for the positivity but this guy has a social anxiety disorder, a bad shoulder wut better to relieve the pain and stress!... :harm: :groovy:

:jk: I hope thats not the case but seriously its possible...

Back
Top Bottom