Does anyone think Canes can win National Title? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone think Canes can win National Title?

modestophinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Does anyone think that the Canes can win the national title this year? I think we have a shot at it, but only if we can get past FSU, which is a game i think we will win. Heres to the canes in 04-05!

what makes you think that you'll beat FSU? Personally, I think FSU will have its best offense since Weinke.

modestophinfan said:
Does anyone think that the Canes can win the national title this year? I think we have a shot at it, but only if we can get past FSU, which is a game i think we will win. Heres to the canes in 04-05!
Why not?They are always in the hunt as is FSU.

quite frankly....when you think about it....I don't see any reason why fans of either of these teams wouldn't think that they are legit contenders.

In fact, and don't rule this out... the team that loses that big opening game COULD STILL win it all

Stay tuned to see just how much "Brock Berlin" has improved this year, first half of the FSU game will answer that question for you. They talk a lot about this awesome FSU Line that returns so many guys, the only guy that stood out last year was Alex Barron, everyone else was getting eaten up by our DL. Wilfork didn't do much vs FSU last year in limited minutes but the guys that return, Nanton, Harris, Atkins, and Carroll were in FSU's huddle what felt like the whole game. Should be a huge mismatch again. That's not what most of the reporters will tell you but watch the game and see for yourself who's winning the battle of the trenches that'll tell you who's winning the game and who has a shot at the title.

Oklahoma, USC, Georgia and LSU are by FAR the four best teams in the country and would destroy the Canes or Seminoles.

Lol, haven't we heard this from you before, Agneli?

USC-Lost their two best defensive players, two offensive linemen, and all of the receivers they had (pending the Mike Williams decision). I'd say they have some question marks. They do have a very favorable schedule, however.

Georgia-Their already-thin backfield situation just got worse, losing the starter for the year. The recievers are unproven, and they face a very difficult SEC schedule. They have questions, but I think they would be my preseason favorite if I had to chose one.

LSU- I don't know as much about these guys, but I know they lost Mauck and Clayton. They have good recievers to replace Clayton, but I'm not sure about QB to replace Mauck (Randall?). I'm pretty sure they lose a couple of those defensive linemen (Spears and Lavalais?) as well. Definitely some questions including having to play at Georgia (I think).

OU-Will this be another of the "Best team in college football history" squads again this year? Time will tell. You lose your best three defensive players (all of whom won POY awards last year). Losing Everage won't hurt imo, but Harris, Lehman, and Strait are huge voids to fill. Your coaching staff has an excellent track record of fielding tough defenses, so you'll probably be ok there, though. Offensively is where I have my questions. If your offensive line doesn't improve and establish some running threat, you're looking at a mirror image of last season. You'll roll through your patsy schedule until you play a team with a real defense, at which point you get exposed. A good defense will pin their ears back and light Mr. Heisman up. It's proven that this is the blueprint to beat this team.

Now- any of the squads you mentioned could and may win the national championship. They are all formidable teams. But to dismiss UM and FSU at this point is silly. As I've pointed out, everyone has their questions. UM or FSU could and may win the MNC as well. They both have pretty favorable schedules, so the winner of the labor day matchup will at least have the inside track to the Orange Bowl. If it happened to be UM, they would also have the built-in advantage of playing at home.

Angneli said:
Oklahoma, USC, Georgia and LSU are by FAR the four best teams in the country and would destroy the Canes or Seminoles.
You say that about Oklahoma every year. :roflmao:

As long as we suit up and there's a "U" on the side of our helmets we always have a chance to win the National Title.

The Hurricanes will be in the hunt for the title because we have started recruiting criminals again.:yell:

Now- any of the squads you mentioned could and may win the national championship. They are all formidable teams. But to dismiss UM and FSU at this point is silly. As I've pointed out, everyone has their questions. UM or FSU could and may win the MNC as well. They both have pretty favorable schedules, so the winner of the labor day matchup will at least have the inside track to the Orange Bowl. If it happened to be UM, they would also have the built-in advantage of playing at home.

The one problem here is that both QB's of UM and FSU are good for giving one game away during the season. I think there will be one if not two undefeated teams this year, so it will be real tough for either one to win.

The Canes have the ability but it will come down to Brock Berlin. It's all up to him. From all the camp reports he's looked excellent which could spell bad news for the rest of the ACC.

Georgia-Their already-thin backfield situation just got worse, losing the starter for the year. The recievers are unproven, and they face a very difficult SEC schedule. They have questions, but I think they would be my preseason favorite if I had to chose one.

I'm not a big Georgia fan but their backfield should be fine. Lumpkin may be out but last year's starter Michael Cooper is still around. Then there's true freshman Danny Ware who has reportedly beat out Cooper in camp is more of a power back coupled with the speed of Cooper they should be pretty good.

Angneli said:

....ya, and the Bills are the best team in the AFC East.

These 4 teams are definately great...but Florida is the pinacle of highschool and college football and there are always doubters who think everyone is passing us and they're always wrong.

blingbling, why do you torture yourself, do you not remember the retard that you have leading your team. he cant play in pressure:
monday night + first game of the season + miami (never beaten) + FSU legacy rests on this game + at the orange bowl= PRESSURE
Its as simple as that, Canes by two touchdowns or more!!

Back
Top Bottom