Does Coach Dave Get A "Pass" In 2004? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Coach Dave Get A "Pass" In 2004?

UncleJamFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does Wayne give Big Dave a "pass" for the 2004-2005 season with the D. Boston boo-boo and R. Williams departure? Will we see Coach in 2005? It's early but the ground work is being set, IMO.

He better not... :| Unfortunately, I am beginning to agree with the train of thought that stated Dave should have been canned this past season.. He is cursed.

No.

If Dave makes the playoffs with this team, then he will be back. However, if this team fails to make the playoffs, regardless of the circumstances, Wayne will have to make a move or risk losing a lot of sales when it comes to season tickets.

Whether he deserves to be fired is irrelevant. The business side of things will take over if this team fails to make the playoffs for a third year.

I wouldn't mind so much if Wanstedt was the D.C. He has a brilliant deffensive mind, but I don't think any coach will take the man that was just fired as the head coach on his staff. I would like to see the Dolphins go after Nick Saban.

lol...now we have no RB, no QB, and no WR ...cept for Chambers... :D the life of a phin fan

I Tend To Agree --

KBISBACK said:
No.

If Dave makes the playoffs with this team, then he will be back. However, if this team fails to make the playoffs, regardless of the circumstances, Wayne will have to make a move or risk losing a lot of sales when it comes to season tickets.

Whether he deserves to be fired is irrelevant. The business side of things will take over if this team fails to make the playoffs for a third year.
If this team goes sub .500 with no playoffs, a fan base that already hates Coach will mutany. Ricky is gone, which means lost ticket sales. Boston is gone, with no 100% prospect of returning at 100%, which means lost ticket sales -- we have no QB draw and a defense that is aging.

What that means for 2005? No Dave. Higher draft choices, and the prospect of seeing a new team in 2006 or 2007 with Trestman as the OC or an entire new cadre of coaching personel. Richie Kotite or Kippy Brown? Two names to bring in completely anhilate ticket sales.

Back
Top Bottom