Does Meyer get fired after today's loss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Meyer get fired after today's loss?

ONole1

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The stuff earlier this year, then this week a shouting match at practice with Jones Jr, then calling all his assistant coaches (who he hired) losers and he's a winner? They really are a mess...

Urban Meyer is the least of their problems in my opinion. They’re in trouble at quarterback.

That quarterback they just drafted #1 overall was the most overrated offensive prospect to be drafted in the 1st round in a decade - since Jonathan Baldwin came out of Pittsburgh.

But that’s probably only breaking news to all the people that only saw him play one game in college against Alabama - then anointed him the best QB prospect since the Sphinx was built. While simultaneously trashing Tua.

Why? Because he shouted at his assistants? I dont think anyone normal gives two fks about the feelings of assistant coaches.
Urban Meyer may quit tho. He does not like garbage situations.

In many instances, NFL teams are run like circuses. A lot of times assistant coaches and coordinators are hired outside of the head coach. It’s pretty common in the NFL.

If Urban was asking some of his assistants to defend their resumes, then I doubt he hired ‘em. However. his venom should be directed towards those above him that hired those coaches, not at the coaches below him.

Nothing Urban said was incorrect. He’s won everywhere and none of them have ever won anything. But again, it needs to be directed at his superiors.

NFL teams don’t like to let college coaches hire all their own coaches. They go outside of him to hire coaches with “NFL experience”. As if that’s any sort of qualification.

Saban couldn’t hire the coaches he wanted in Miami either. One of the reasons why he left.

There’s a thread in this forum that was created right after Urban Meyer was hired by the Jags where I said he was in for a rude awakening in the NFL because he’s a control freak just like Saban.

Too many people have their hands in what you’re doing in the NFL. But you have to take all the blame while those decision makers remain anonymous. It’s all a scam. It’s how these people stay NFL lifers and never win anything. Or even come close.

Yeah, they are a mess. I think Lawrence has ability, but not sure he will ever live up to the hype.
When I first saw the hire of Myer I thought it would be a learning process but WOW!
What's going on now in Jax is really really bad. They have a really tough choice. Go with their Rookie number #1 pick or the coach. Apparently they don't get along.
There is a long line of problems in Jax.
This isn't college, you don't bench your star RB for fumbling. Fumbles happen, it's the NFL.
Pretty sure Myer has to go after one year. Never thought I would be saying that.

Last edited:
When I first saw the hire of Myer I thought it would be a learning process but WOW!
What's going on now in Jax is really really bad. They have a really tough choice. Go with their Rookie number #1 pick of the coach. Apparently they don't get along.
There is a long line of problems in Jax.
This isn't college, you don't bench your star RB for fumbling. Fumbles happen, it's the NFL.
Pretty sure Myer has to go after one year. Never thought I would be saying that.
Yeah, I'm not sure how he survives this. There is losing, and then there is LOSING. He is writing a book on the don'ts, that's for sure.

Urban Meyer is the least of their problems in my opinion. They’re in trouble at quarterback.

That quarterback they just drafted #1 overall was the most overrated offensive prospect to be drafted in the 1st round in a decade - since Jonathan Baldwin came out of Pittsburgh.

But that’s probably only breaking news to all the people that only saw him play one game in college against Alabama - then anointed him the best QB prospect since the Sphinx was built. While simultaneously trashing Tua.
Well the joke is now on the league Slimm

A lot of people watched Lawrence break off 20+ yard runs akin to Allen’s pro career and Herbert (vs Pitt this year) and Cam of old they simply fell in love

As you said in the past tall running QBs arent hard to find - they do need to fall to the right situation

Last edited:
Well the joke is now on the league Slimm

A lot of people watched Lawrence break off 20+ yard runs akin to Allen’s pro career and Herbert (vs Pitt this year) and Cam of old they simply fell in love

As you said in the past tall running QBs arent hard to find - they do need to fall to the right situation

At least Fabio is leading Tua in one category - coaches they've gotten fired.

The media and all the frauds on here that touted players like him and Drew Lock and trashed Tua since January of 2019 aren't going to point these things out. They're going to stay silent if they can't bash Tua and prop up the only thing they think they know about football....

*GRUNT* "Him tall. Him have big arm. NFL" *GRUNT*

But I'll point it out.

Khan reportedly wanted Meyer for years. Gave him a huge, long contract. And now he’s fired him after 13 games. Meyer turned that place into an absolute circus. I also suspect he’s not a very good person. Good on Khan for realizing he made a mistake and not doubling down. Curious what Meyer says about all this whenever he resurfaced. Also curious to see where he lands next. No way he wants to finish his career on this note. He’ll probably go back to college and win another national championship.

Back
Top Bottom