Does schedule make our draft any clearer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does schedule make our draft any clearer?

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule the first 4 weeks we face alot of teams that can fling it around the yard then the Jets then the Saints ANOTHER team that airs it out. Then 2 weeks later we have the Pats so in the first 9 weeks we face 6 teams tat will throw ALOT.

So does this help clear up our draft. I think it does i think we take a CB who can make an impact immediately at least as a #3 guy and could work into a #2 role. I know pass rush can make your secondary look great but with the wealth of OLB's who can get at the QB i think we get that later but i would not be surprised now if CB is the pick at 25 and maybe just maybe another DB in the first 4 rounds.

Thought on how the way our scedule is laid out will impact how we draft.

That's a bad recepie for a draft. Team's complexions and schemes change from year to year, and, even in the season, as with us last year. Planning your draft, which presumably is going to stock your team with young talent for 3-5 years or longer, around 4 games would be pretty silly, IMO.

we knew our opponents for 2009 before our scheulde was announced. i don't see why our strategy would have changed because of the order of our opponents. we still have to play all of them.

that aside, playing teams that like to "fling it around" early would indicate to sign FAs at CB rather than drafting ones. FAs are ready to play now, rookies usually aren't.

It will make our 2008 draft clearer. We play some nasty teams this year.

The Dolphins knew who they were playing already. Where and when they play should and probably has ZERO effect on Draft day decisions.

Tony Sparano long before the draft and the release of the schedule.

"You can never have enough good CB's"

Tony Sparano long before the draft and the release of the schedule.

"You can never have enough good CB's"
Sparano also said (I think it was Sparano) "you cannot have enough pass rushers."

Back
Top Bottom