Doesn't make sense to me... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doesn't make sense to me...

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know if I am the only one, but the game plan yesterday didn't make much sense to me. Why are we throwing the ball almost 50 times with a back up QB. We have a pretty strong running game, and we didnt use it enough. Their defense was banged up as it was, all we had to do was run the ball right at them, and by the time the 4th quarter hit, they would be too tired to stop the run. We were in a shoot out style game with one of the best QB's in the game, not to mention our secondary is below average... Not very smart. Run the ball more and the Dolphins would be in 1st place as we speak.

Unfortunately, we don't have the type of defense that is going to keep a potent offense off the board for very long. When we didn't convert the early trips in the red zone, it forced us into a situation where we had to play from behind as opposed to playing with the lead. In the NFL in the second half playing from behind equals running game out the window. Against good teams we have to execute on offense and capatalize on those scoring opportunitys.

Miamifin23 said:
I don't know if I am the only one, but the game plan yesterday didn't make much sense to me. Why are we throwing the ball almost 50 times with a back up QB. We have a pretty strong running game, and we didnt use it enough. Their defense was banged up as it was, all we had to do was run the ball right at them, and by the time the 4th quarter hit, they would be too tired to stop the run. We were in a shoot out style game with one of the best QB's in the game, not to mention our secondary is below average... Not very smart. Run the ball more and the Dolphins would be in 1st place as we speak.

The game plan was solid considering the Pats are all beat up back there and Troy Brown was playing CB again.

The problem was Linehan got to carried away with it. Plus Brown was running well, Ricky was not, yet Ricky still got 11 carries? Give Brown 6 more of those carries and he has over 100 yards!

Back
Top Bottom