Dolphin Fans suffering from Stockholm Syndrome! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Fans suffering from Stockholm Syndrome!

BlueFin said:
On the other hand......perhaps this fan has just been around long enough to have seen enough to know when he's being fed a load of BS.....perhaps he's also mature enough and man enough to admit when he's wrong should that event occur.

The real syndrome that should be discussed is cognitive dissonance......fans who have witnessed year after year of inconsistent quarterbacking from one particular player but still believe he is the answer, or fans who watch year after year of unimaginative coaching and still think this coach is going to lead this team anywhere.

I can assure you, should Wannstedt somehow become something he's never shown and lead this team deep into the playoffs I will be here eating crow, I doubt many of the "True Believers" will be here admitting they were wrong about Wannstedt/ and or Fiedler should they once again fail.

There is no right or wrong about hope. You either have it or you don't.

Those suffering from this syndrome not only have lost hope, they have lost any support from their brothers and sisters due to the symptoms of their affliction.

inFINSible said:
My next thread will be much better.....the tentative title is...." Feeley better than Fiedler: An emotional knee jerk reaction"
or "Feeley. Fiedler. Two.:Electric Bugaloo"

Hahahahaahaaahahahaahh That movie rocked though.

inFINSible said:
There is no right or wrong about hope. You either have it or you don't.

Those suffering from this syndrome not only have lost hope, they have lost any support from their brothers and sisters due to the symptoms of their affliction.
Hope is fine to a point, but it turns into ignorance when one fails to see whats right in front of their very eyes.

BlueFin said:
Hope is fine to a point, but it turns into ignorance when one fails to see whats right in front of their very eyes.

Virtually anyone can get Stockholm Syndrome it the following conditions are met:

# Perceived threat to survival and the belief that one's captor is willing to act on that threat
# The captive's perception of small kindnesses from the captor within a context of terror
# Isolation from perspectives other than those of the captor

# Perceived inability to escape.

Back
Top Bottom