Dolphins and Jaguars ask and receive permission from Vikings to interview Linehan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Jaguars ask and receive permission from Vikings to interview Linehan

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
According to Chris Mortenson, the Jets want to fire Paul Hackett but don't want to do it unless they have a line on another offensive coordinator.

They really like Cam Cameron, however he's very close to re-upping with San Diego and seems to be refusing offers right now.

They also like Scott Linehan, but Miami and Jacksonville have asked for and received permission to interview Linehan for offensive coordinator position.

On a sidenote, I wonder why we need permission? Maybe Linehan's contract doesn't expire until like January 25th or something, and we just asked for permission to interview him earlier.

But that would mean the Vikes have no intention of keeping Linehan, which is curious to me.

I was going to ask why they asked permission, he never signed a new contract with the Vikes. I guess it expires after the SB???

We'll see what Saban thinks of the guy once we get that interview. It is odd that we had to get permission, only thing I can think of is that you are right and his contract expires after the super bowl.

Back
Top Bottom