Dolphins attempted to trade for Richard Sherman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins attempted to trade for Richard Sherman

Still hate the original trade that brought Maxwell here in the first place.

Not surprised this supposed trade didn't work either. Sherman would have probably killed the deal himself coming to a defense like ours.

What makes it worse is how we've handled both players, Maxwell and his $8.5 million cap number should already be gone (which means $8.5M more we can carry over to 2018) and we should've been more cautious about committing to Kiko long term.

Sherman is too slow. he need Earl Thomas help on top...he is just like Maxwell. he

Sherman is too slow. he need safety help on top...he is just like Maxwell.

Whoa whoa whoa. Not even remotely close to being true. Sherman is a top 5 CB easily is the best press CB in the game.

"just like Maxwell"??!?! . . . :poop

this is just me. you can say what u want. that front 7 is best in nfl... Miami defense have to many leaks. Sherman is slow. he will get beat lot in Miami. they need draft another cb in 2018

Makes me feels good to know we tried! I think Sherman brings leadership to out your developing corners.

Just because u are good on seattle team does nt mean you are going be good in miami....Seattle got all star defense... that problem w maxwell. He was good up there two....but it would be good move for seattle to trade shermans. He need fresh start anyway. Seattle will not be able keep all of there star players anyway. The window have closed on seattle to win superbowl. ..

Last edited:
Just because u are good on seattle team does nt mean you are going be good in miami....Seattle got all star defense... that problem w maxwell. He was good up there two....

Maxwell was not good in Seattle. In his 4 years in Seattle he only started 1 season and he struggled, especially with press technique. He had one decent year, his 4th and last, and they quickly sent him on his way to Philly as soon as he thought he was worth more than he actually was.

without earle Thomas that seattle def back are avg to me. Shermans is still better than maxwell.. Maxwell spot need be upgrade next yr...

Last edited:
Whether or not, Maxwell is let go during this season or next off season, CB is one of the priorities moving forward; for 2 reasons. 1) with the Achilles heal injury to Lippett, the question becomes how he's recovered and how it affects his movements skills, more specifically his back pedal. And 2) the development of Tankersley, because if he doesn't CB could move to the TOP of the needs list going into next season. Trading for Sherman is sooooo Tannenbaumish!! An older, highly paid player with the needle moving in the wrong direction. I'd rather wait and see what happens to both Lippett and Tankersley, before making any further moves. If by the draft Lippett doesn't show anything in terms of agility, draft another CB HIGH?

I wish the article had said what we were possibly willing to give up, that would make a difference on if it would be a good trade or not.

Interesting. As you look at Miami's roster, a shut-down corner opposite of Howard looks like a really high priority. Lippett has potential, but I think he's more of a third corner. Tankersley could be that guy, but it's just too early to tell.

As far as trading for Sherman, I'd go the draft route instead. Miami isn't in the best shape salary cap wise after bringing Cutler in. Of course, there's always ways to make the cap work, but I do think next years' draft has talent at corner and that's the way to build the team.

Wouldn't doubt if corner is the top pick come April 2018.

Interesting. As you look at Miami's roster, a shut-down corner opposite of Howard looks like a really high priority. Lippett has potential, but I think he's more of a third corner. Tankersley could be that guy, but it's just too early to tell.

As far as trading for Sherman, I'd go the draft route instead. Miami isn't in the best shape salary cap wise after bringing Cutler in. Of course, there's always ways to make the cap work, but I do think next years' draft has talent at corner and that's the way to build the team.

Wouldn't doubt if corner is the top pick come April 2018.

Tankersley has a ways to go. We probably won't know very much on him this year. Despite being thin at CB he is inactive today.

Back
Top Bottom